DBateman

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SUQ. SCI International. SCI Downunder.
Hunted
Australia
I am wanting to order a few books and with the cost of freight it is better to order a few at a time.

What I am after is something detailing how to shoot doubles and bigbore rifles in general.
Also I am in need of some good reference information on how to reload for the nitro express rounds.
I have just purchased a Ruger No1 in 450/400 and none of my loading books have information on the round.

I am aslo quite interested in reading about hunting ect

So far on my list I have.
Jim Corbett's India.
Maneaters and Marauders by John Taylor.
African dangerous game cartridges by pierre van der walt.
Shooting the british double rifle by Graeme Wright. I see there're a few editions is any one better than the other ?

If anyone could add something they found worthwhile reading I would appreciate it.

Take a look at Safari Press, www.safaripress.com, they have a lot of good books on firearms and hunting.
During August they have a sale with reduced prices.

Thats a pretty good site, thanks for the link.

corbetts india is one of the best, as ive read all I can find by him. man eaters and marauders is also a goody! haha.

elmer keiths 'hell, I was there' didn't necessarily cover double rifles, but he talked of developing the 44mag and another cartridge that he designed. also another great book of his life growing up and hunting north America.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg