DBateman

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SUQ. SCI International. SCI Downunder.
Hunted
Australia
I am wanting to order a few books and with the cost of freight it is better to order a few at a time.

What I am after is something detailing how to shoot doubles and bigbore rifles in general.
Also I am in need of some good reference information on how to reload for the nitro express rounds.
I have just purchased a Ruger No1 in 450/400 and none of my loading books have information on the round.

I am aslo quite interested in reading about hunting ect

So far on my list I have.
Jim Corbett's India.
Maneaters and Marauders by John Taylor.
African dangerous game cartridges by pierre van der walt.
Shooting the british double rifle by Graeme Wright. I see there're a few editions is any one better than the other ?

If anyone could add something they found worthwhile reading I would appreciate it.

Take a look at Safari Press, www.safaripress.com, they have a lot of good books on firearms and hunting.
During August they have a sale with reduced prices.

Thats a pretty good site, thanks for the link.

corbetts india is one of the best, as ive read all I can find by him. man eaters and marauders is also a goody! haha.

elmer keiths 'hell, I was there' didn't necessarily cover double rifles, but he talked of developing the 44mag and another cartridge that he designed. also another great book of his life growing up and hunting north America.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross