Recommendations for 5.6x50R

frog stealer

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
493
Reaction score
593
Location
Naperville, IL
Media
5
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
South Africa
Hey guys, I just picked up a combo gun in 5.6x50R mag. I was wondering if anyone has worked up good loads for this caliber and/or have any powder recommendations. I’ve already purchased an RCBS die set, and will have some brass as soon as I shoot a few boxes of Prvi factory loads. Any help would be appreciated!
 
I’m in the same boat only with a single shot rifle. What’s your twist rate and what do you want to hunt? I’m looking for small game (but non varmint) options and with my 1/12 twist barrel it looks like I’ll be trying 55gr Sierra Game King or 55gr Norma Oryx.

Also, congrats on your new rifle BUT pictures or it didn’t happen.
 
I’m in the same boat only with a single shot rifle. What’s your twist rate and what do you want to hunt? I’m looking for small game (but non varmint) options and with my 1/12 twist barrel it looks like I’ll be trying 55gr Sierra Game King or 55gr Norma Oryx.

Also, congrats on your new rifle BUT pictures or it didn’t happen.

Not sure on the twist rate, I’m still waiting for delivery. Main use for me is going to be a varmint/pest gun, so I suppose vmax or standard soft points should do the trick. I’ll get some pics posted when I take delivery!
 
Look up RWS data online,they have much data for 5,6x50R

Under Wiederladen ,Pdf files of the famous Bluebook


Thanks so much, didn’t know RWS gave out load data!
 
I’m in the same boat only with a single shot rifle. What’s your twist rate and what do you want to hunt? I’m looking for small game (but non varmint) options and with my 1/12 twist barrel it looks like I’ll be trying 55gr Sierra Game King or 55gr Norma Oryx.

Also, congrats on your new rifle BUT pictures or it didn’t happen.
@Opposite Pole
Check out 5.6x50R article by Chuck Hawkes he lokes 748 and 4064 in it.
Nick Harvey recommends ADI 2208 and benchmark 2 for all bullet weights from 45gn to 70gn in a 1:13 twist
With 2208/varget the 55gn 26.5gn gives 3,300fps max of 29gn 3,432 fps
Benchmark 2 27.5gn to max 29gn for 3,390 to3,560fps
Hope this helps Jakob
Bob
 
There are loading data for the rimless version 5,6x50 Magnum in the Hornady Handbook of cartridge reloading. Start low an work up carefully.

HWL
 
There are loading data for the rimless version 5,6x50 Magnum in the Hornady Handbook of cartridge reloading. Start low an work up carefully.

HWL

Thanks HWL, I did see that data, but unfortunately I don’t have any of the three powders listed. Powder is hard to find in the states right now, unless paying 2x retail for it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,383
Messages
1,574,702
Members
170,140
Latest member
узнатьбольшеможнонасайте
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top