frog stealer

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Hey guys, I just picked up a combo gun in 5.6x50R mag. I was wondering if anyone has worked up good loads for this caliber and/or have any powder recommendations. I’ve already purchased an RCBS die set, and will have some brass as soon as I shoot a few boxes of Prvi factory loads. Any help would be appreciated!

I’m in the same boat only with a single shot rifle. What’s your twist rate and what do you want to hunt? I’m looking for small game (but non varmint) options and with my 1/12 twist barrel it looks like I’ll be trying 55gr Sierra Game King or 55gr Norma Oryx.

Also, congrats on your new rifle BUT pictures or it didn’t happen.

I’m in the same boat only with a single shot rifle. What’s your twist rate and what do you want to hunt? I’m looking for small game (but non varmint) options and with my 1/12 twist barrel it looks like I’ll be trying 55gr Sierra Game King or 55gr Norma Oryx.

Not sure on the twist rate, I’m still waiting for delivery. Main use for me is going to be a varmint/pest gun, so I suppose vmax or standard soft points should do the trick. I’ll get some pics posted when I take delivery!

Look up RWS data online,they have much data for 5,6x50R

Under Wiederladen ,Pdf files of the famous Bluebook

Thanks so much, didn’t know RWS gave out load data!

@Opposite Pole
Check out 5.6x50R article by Chuck Hawkes he lokes 748 and 4064 in it.
Nick Harvey recommends ADI 2208 and benchmark 2 for all bullet weights from 45gn to 70gn in a 1:13 twist
With 2208/varget the 55gn 26.5gn gives 3,300fps max of 29gn 3,432 fps
Benchmark 2 27.5gn to max 29gn for 3,390 to3,560fps
Hope this helps Jakob
Bob

There are loading data for the rimless version 5,6x50 Magnum in the Hornady Handbook of cartridge reloading. Start low an work up carefully.

HWL

There are loading data for the rimless version 5,6x50 Magnum in the Hornady Handbook of cartridge reloading. Start low an work up carefully.

HWL

Thanks HWL, I did see that data, but unfortunately I don’t have any of the three powders listed. Powder is hard to find in the states right now, unless paying 2x retail for it.

Update: stumbled on a site called “xxl-reloading.com”. Had to pay $20 for 12 month subscription, but found all data and then some that I was looking for. If you need data for European metrics, this is your site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg