Recommend taxidermist

Dholupko

AH member
Joined
Jan 25, 2022
Messages
45
Reaction score
58
I leave Monday for a Bubye buffalo hunt. I may be ahead of myself but I’m hopeful for a successful hunt and my local, favorite, taxidermist is not returning calls. I’ve heard he relocated and possibly retired. I’m in search for a new taxidermist. Not every state side taxidermist can do a good job with non-local animals. Can anyone recommend a taxidermist for Buffalo. I live in north west New York. Thanks all!
 
Truelife Taxidermy in Granbury, TX. Roy Holderidge is an excellent taxidermist for African game in the states. There are several choices just depends on your budget, Wildlife Gallery, etc.
 
I'm sure Roy and his staff do excellent work, they were recommended by Jerry Huffaker who retired. However, their business communications, at least with me left much to be desired. When their office manager/customs broker left (and I don't know why) finding out about via Facebook while they are working on your shipment left a bad taste in my mouth. Needless to say, I had to hire Coppersmith to replace them as broker and had my stuff sent elsewhere.
 
Check out Conroe Taxidermy just outside of Houston. Very experienced with buffalo and just about everything else. Cheers
 
As @Mark Biggerstaff said, send it to @gizmo at his Top of Texas Taxidermy in Amarillo. He is USDA certified to receive it and does excellent work.
 
I’d be glad to help you sir. Good luck!!! I’m jealous
 
Same here @gizmo. I live in GA, and had no issues whatsoever with my dip & pack animals getting to @gizmo, and the final product getting to me.

Not a buffalo, but you can get an idea of the quality of his work. Here are two of the five animals @gizmo worked on.
 

Attachments

  • N.jpg
    N.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Wall 2.jpg
    Wall 2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 48

Forum statistics

Threads
70,330
Messages
1,573,184
Members
169,721
Latest member
descselfgare1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top