RCBS Rock Chucker - Will it load .470 Nitro?

Lol. I got one

'Load the .338 A-Sq (3.75") in the Rockchucker. It works as described above. You may also find that you require a larger case trimmer (as the std. models didn't work and 'had to pick up the Lyman that can accomodate Lg. Mag. Calibers up to 50 BMG.)

Rare Breed, I appreciate your consternation. A year or so back I helped CAustin another AH member get into reloading. He too has a 470 NE in his arsenal. It took me a long time to find a hand priming tool and shell holder for that caliber. But you are in luck, there is one. It is a Hornady Hand Primer with a # 55 shell holder. You may have to order directly from Hornady since the 470 NE is not a common caliber. Let me know how you make out.
I called RCBS today. They said if I send my older RCBS Primer Tool to them they will resend me their newer one that will handle the 470 NE round. I was so impressed

Glad to hear that you were able to get things sorted out. I recently acquired a 416 Remington Magnum. Trying to find reloading components for it took much longer than anticipated. I'm hoping the Factory Crimp Die shows up this week.

I called RCBS today. They said if I send my older RCBS Primer Tool to them they will resend me their newer one that will handle the 470 NE round. I was so impressed
Thanks again for the Quick load using 4955 IMR for my 470. Does it require a filler at 99.7 grains please? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg