Razor Tricks test report

Gerhard

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
247
Reaction score
120
Location
Dullstroom
Deals & offers
4
Media
103
Articles
2
Hunted
South Africa
I have used the 100gr Razor Tricks this past hunting season.

These broad heads are razor sharp out of the packet and it did not take long before I had a cut on on of my fingers while taking the broad head off after it was shot into a broad head butt.

My arrow as Carbon Express Maxima hunter with total arrow weight 420gr.

Bow used was a Bowtech Tribute set at 70#

A nice Blue Wildebeest bull gave me a quartering away shot. He went 80 yards before he ran out of fuel....

He left a good blood trail...

P1010103.jpg


P1010104.jpg


Entrance wound

P1010132.jpg


Again entrance wound

P1010178.jpg


Entrance wound into the chest cavity...

P1010185a.jpg


As you can see these broad heads make a huge wound channel.

I shot a double lung shot.

Damage on the one lung...

P1010187.jpg


Exit wound in the chest cavity

P1010186.jpg


Unfortunately I hit the opposite shoulder joint and did not get a pass trough.

The broad head destroyed the opposite shoulder.

Unfortunately did not get a photo of the shoulder before the butcher got hold of it. :crying: :crying:

I am really impressed with these cut on contact 4 blade broad heads and I can recommend them to hunters that need maximum penetration like female hunters or hunters with a short draw length or hunters that hunt with relatively light draw weights.

P1010108.jpg
 

Attachments

  • P1010103.jpg
    P1010103.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 244
  • P1010104.jpg
    P1010104.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 228
  • P1010132.jpg
    P1010132.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 270
  • P1010178.jpg
    P1010178.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 258
  • P1010185a.jpg
    P1010185a.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 243
  • P1010186.jpg
    P1010186.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 249
  • P1010187.jpg
    P1010187.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 255
  • P1010108.jpg
    P1010108.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 259
Gerhard, Once again a super informative post along with some great pictures. How far was the shot?
 
Gerhard,

Nice. You posted arrow weight - do you know speed? Would be interesting to calculate initial KE.

thanks, dv
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,455
Messages
1,576,614
Members
170,609
Latest member
HaleyGreen
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top