Quick question on rings and bases

I got the rifle and it looks like the reciever is machined to have rings fit directly to it. Is a base necessary on this rifle? Am I looking at it wrong?

You do not need a base. CZ 550’s use proprietary rings that mount directly to the receiver. CZ OEM rings are serviceable but I prefer the Warne CZ rings. That is what I have on my 550.

Alaskan arms if the made them for rifles other than Cz and Ruger I would never use anything else. If you follow the instructions on setting them up there will not be any accidentally hitting a lever. They are rock solid and take scope off an on as much as you want they will co tinge shooting to the same place

I asked the identical question about 7 or8 months ago but I asked a PH what he had on his rifle. The answer came back Warne QD rings and base for the CZ 550. I followed his advice, no regrets.

Thanks for all the replies. Holding off on rings for a bit as rifle is taking a trip to AHR.

You don't need a rifle to get rings.
You will want to have them ready to go when it shows up from AHR.
I just got my rifle back from AHR today and can't wait to get to the range in the morning.

I also have Warne QD Rings on both of my CZ550s - 375H&H and 404J. Fit well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MirandaU08

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.