Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
life member NAHC NRA
Hunted
US, RSA, ZIM
Our group is hunting in August and the wives want to go to VF and do the day trip into Chobe. We have read about doing these day trips but are wondering if you need to make a reservation or if you can just show up in Chobe and do the safari. I think our outfitter would be able to take us to Chobe since it sounds like he would likely be coming with us. We want to do the morning river cruise and afternoon game drive but I think we will be staying in VF. The wives might go up a day or two before us if they are bored at camp so that is why we are wondering if we will need reservations or if we would be safe just showing up or not (or at the most having our outfitter call a few days before). Are there several boats that go out in the morning or is it just one boat? I tried contacting Chobe directly but didn't get a response.

If there is anything particular you would recommend seeing, doing or place to stay (or avoid) at I'd appreciate any other input also!

There are a lot of tour groups getting about there at this time of year so i would definitely book in advance. We camped nearby and went in and out of the park over three days in our own vehicle.

On the cruise we took some good food and a few drinks and had a great time. Take bino's as there's plenty to see. if you're lucky puku and hyena and loads of birdlife. Also really old ele bulls that move to the river to eat the soft grass as they're last molars are worm; beautiful animals.

Take your SLR and 300mm lens if you have one.

It's been about 6 years, but my party did stay in Vic Falls, you have to stay at the Vic Falls Hotel, and did a day trip to Chobe. Did a boat trip than game drive through the reserve. The whole thing was set up by the hotel, definitely worth the price.

Just got back a wee and a half ago, book in advance. You could probably just show up, but, why take the chance of the tour not having an opening. We stayed in Zambia at Jolly Boys Campsite and just booked through them as well.

JamieD,
My wife and I just returned from Livingstone, Zambia on June 18th. We traveled with 35bore and his family. Like he said in his post we stayed at Jollyboys Camp in Livingstone and booked through them. The company we went with was call Kalahari Tours and the rate for a day trip to Chobe was $140. That included road transfers, 3 hour game drive in the park, lunch and 3 hour boat ride on the Chobe River. Incredible experience! A must if you are in Victoria Falls.

Attachments

• 19950316.jpg
    19950316.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 19950278.jpg
    19950278.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 19950428.jpg
    19950428.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 19950346.jpg
    19950346.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 19950353.jpg
    19950353.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 19950394.jpg
    19950394.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 91

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg