Question about packing ammunition

YancyW

AH elite
Joined
Sep 5, 2017
Messages
1,971
Reaction score
4,460
Location
Mid-Missouri
Media
9
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
I have tried to search for this question, but can't find anything on point. I leave on Sunday for Namibia, flying through Johannesburg. I am checking a Tuffpak with rifles and I have a pelican case I am going to pack my ammo in. It is a medium case, the 2100 model to be exact. I am just going to check it as its own piece of luggage. My question is about putting other things in the ammo case besides ammo. I was planning on filling the extra space with rifle slings, ammo pouch, bore snake, etc...

Is there any issues with packing other items in a case with ammo in it? The only other luggage I am taking is a carryon, I am traveling pretty light.
 
I have always packed extra things in my ammo case.
 
I have tried to search for this question, but can't find anything on point. I leave on Sunday for Namibia, flying through Johannesburg. I am checking a Tuffpak with rifles and I have a pelican case I am going to pack my ammo in. It is a medium case, the 2100 model to be exact. I am just going to check it as its own piece of luggage. My question is about putting other things in the ammo case besides ammo. I was planning on filling the extra space with rifle slings, ammo pouch, bore snake, etc...

Is there any issues with packing other items in a case with ammo in it? The only other luggage I am taking is a carryon, I am traveling pretty light.

Yep I put my knife and cleaning stuff in there!
 
I have never heard of any issues with what you are proposing.
 
I put a note on my locked ammo box that stated what was inside in addition to the ammo. I also stated very clearly the weight of the ammo which must be less than 11 lbs. Enjoy your hunt. We'll be looking for your report and photos.
 
I pack it until it weighs the maximum, cleaning brushes, spare parts, leatherman, etc. I do the same with the gun case, binos, cleaning rods, bipod, rangefinder, spare batteries, GPS, etc., until it's around 49 pounds.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,283
Messages
1,571,670
Members
169,393
Latest member
MindaF074
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top