Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, 2nd Amendment Foundation
Hunted
USA, South Africa
Has anyone flown Qatar Airways into Africa recently? They seem to be very highly rated on most travel sites, but I am curious to hear from hunters who have flown with them, particularly those who have traveled with rifles.

Anybody have any experience?

Dave

A couple years ago, some friend in Houston were going to meet us in Joburg and we were going to do a photo safari in Chobe, Botswana and Vic Falls. I assumed they would fly Delta because one of their sons was a pilot for Delta and they got a family discount price. Well, they actually flew Qatar because business class was $4k as opposed to $6k per person. The money they save paid for the rest of the trip. They were very impressed with Qatar. They had a 12 hour layover in Doha, but they were provided with a room at a hotel. Not a bad way to break up a long trip. Compared to the Delta route, Qatar is a longer, less direct flight from most of the US, so factor that end. Not sure how traveling with rifles would work either.

I had a recommendation that Qatar is good with guns. I could have flown direct from DFW then to Joberg but as was mentioned it was a 12 hour layover. Just always use a good hunting travel agent.
Philip

I havent flown Qatar Airways into Africa before.. but I have flown them from DC to Doha a couple of times, and have flown them regionally around the middle east several times..

I consider them an excellent airline.. good customer service.. well maintained aircraft... friendly people.. etc..etc..

Assuming I could confirm they are good with guns, I wouldnt hesitate to fly with them into Africa..

Can not comment on rifles traveling on Quatar, my daughter flown from Johannesburg to Stockholm , the service is excellent...airplanes well maintained as mentioned and really friendly personnel...(y) Tickets much cheaper than other airways...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danpowder

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you