Website
www.trophyshippers.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, HSC, NTA
Hi AH Friends!

I feel like this is a Public Service Announcement but I have to get this in front of the AH community as soon as possible. Our mission has always been and always will be to get your trophies home in the most cost effective and efficient way possible, and there are changes happening that are going to affect this.

We have recently been notified by several airlines and their warehouses that the costs associated with bringing shipments (any shipments....not just hunting trophies) is going up. They are also reducing the amount of free time available at the airport from 48-72hrs to 24hrs. I do not expect only having 24hrs of free time to last forever, but it is certainly something that is going to affect our trophy shipments for the time being.

The costs that are going to affect us are the "Import Service Fee" otherwise known as the Airline Terminal Charge, the "Covid compliance fee" (what a joke), and the potential for storage fees to accrue due to only having 24 hours. The Airline terminal fee alone is more than double of what it used to be.

Attached is a screenshot of what we received from just one of the warehouses that the airlines who still haul trophies contracts with. Unfortunately we will be operating in the negative if we don't pass these costs through. As much as I hate it, we have to start charging for airline terminal fees, the "Covid compliance fee", and for any storage that accrues while waiting for your shipments to get picked up. We automatically get billed these charges for each shipment that comes in and we just cannot absorb them. .

Capture.JPG

As always please call me any time if you have questions. Wishing the best to all of our AH friends heading out on trips this year!

Best Regards,

Tom

Thanks for the head’s up.

I have been seeing the same kind of nonsense on heavy equipment shipping as well. Definitely disappointing and frustrating.

Brother, you don't have to tell me and although I didn't like it, at least I know I wasn't getting fleeced anymore than the next guy right now.

1645106762103.png

@dtarin09

Hi AH Friends!

I feel like this is a Public Service Announcement but I have to get this in front of the AH community as soon as possible. Our mission has always been and always will be to get your trophies home in the most cost effective and efficient way possible, and there are changes happening that are going to affect this.

We have recently been notified by several airlines and their warehouses that the costs associated with bringing shipments (any shipments....not just hunting trophies) is going up. They are also reducing the amount of free time available at the airport from 48-72hrs to 24hrs. I do not expect only having 24hrs of free time to last forever, but it is certainly something that is going to affect our trophy shipments for the time being.

The costs that are going to affect us are the "Import Service Fee" otherwise known as the Airline Terminal Charge, the "Covid compliance fee" (what a joke), and the potential for storage fees to accrue due to only having 24 hours. The Airline terminal fee alone is more than double of what it used to be.

Attached is a screenshot of what we received from just one of the warehouses that the airlines who still haul trophies contracts with. Unfortunately we will be operating in the negative if we don't pass these costs through. As much as I hate it, we have to start charging for airline terminal fees, the "Covid compliance fee", and for any storage that accrues while waiting for your shipments to get picked up. We automatically get billed these charges for each shipment that comes in and we just cannot absorb them.

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AH Friends!

Attached is a screenshot of what we received from just one of the warehouses that the airlines who still haul trophies contracts with. Unfortunately we will be operating in the negative if we don't pass these costs through. As much as I hate it, we have to start charging for airline terminal fees, the "Covid compliance fee", and for any storage that accrues while waiting for your shipments to get picked up. We automatically get billed these charges for each shipment that comes in and we just cannot absorb them.

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the storage fees per day And per crate?

Are the storage fees per day And per crate?
Hi Philip! It is per airway bill so it wont matter if it is more than one crate. The storage amount is $.30/kilogram per day OR a minimum of $190.00. It is based off of the weight of your crate(s).

Hi Philip! It is per airway bill so it wont matter if it is more than one crate. The storage amount is $.30/kilogram per day OR a minimum of $190.00. It is based off of the weight of your crate(s).
Thanks

Hi AH Friends!

Attached is a screenshot of what we received from just one of the warehouses that the airlines who still haul trophies contracts with. Unfortunately we will be operating in the negative if we don't pass these costs through. As much as I hate it, we have to start charging for airline terminal fees, the "Covid compliance fee", and for any storage that accrues while waiting for your shipments to get picked up. We automatically get billed these charges for each shipment that comes in and we just cannot absorb them. .
Capture.JPG

As always please call me any time if you have questions. Wishing the best to all of our AH friends heading out on trips this year!

Best Regards,

Tom

Hi AH Friends!

I feel like this is a Public Service Announcement but I have to get this in front of the AH community as soon as possible. Our mission has always been and always will be to get your trophies home in the most cost-effective and efficient way possible, and there are changes happening that are going to affect this.

The costs that are going to affect us are the "Import Service Fee" otherwise known as the Airline Terminal Charge, the "Covid compliance fee" (what a joke), and the potential for storage fees to accrue due to only having 24 hours. The Airline terminal fee alone is more than double what it used to be.

Attached is a screenshot of what we received from just one of the warehouses that the airlines who still haul trophies contract with. Unfortunately, we will be operating in the negative if we don't pass these costs through. As much as I hate it, we have to start charging for airline terminal fees, the "Covid compliance fee", and for any storage that accrues while waiting for your shipments to get picked up. We automatically get billed these charges for each shipment that comes in and we just cannot absorb them.
Capture.JPG

Hi AH Friends!

Capture.JPG

Best Regards,

Tom

Hi AH Friends!

I feel like this is a Public Service Announcement but I have to get this in front of the AH community as soon as possible. Our mission has always been and always will be to get your trophies home in the most cost-effective and efficient way possible, and there are changes happening that are going to affect this.

Attached is a screenshot of what we received from just one of the warehouses that the airlines who still haul trophies contract with. Unfortunately, we will be operating in the negative if we don't pass these costs through. As much as I hate it, we have to start charging for airline terminal fees, the "Covid compliance fee", and for any storage that accrues while waiting for your shipments to get picked up. We automatically get billed these charges for each shipment that comes in and we just cannot absorb them.

Capture.JPG

Best Regards,

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AurelioBri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.