Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State, Mpumalanga)
B5C178CF-3BE0-45EA-9813-5F880D888F2D.png

If you wear a tie, do not be surprised if it is cut off.

Gay model.jpg

I know you are just kidding. A Western shirt with or without a string tie, Wrangler or similar jeans (Levis are out, they don't like sportsmen any more) a pair of cowboy boots & a Stetson.

As our esteemed member @norfolk shooter inquired about proper attire for the DSC meet, here are this season´s suggestions for the well dressed gentleman hunter.

Of course Manny is welcome to wear his full dress uniform.

I know this is meant as a joke, bt I think I have that first jacket, and the last green suede with the red detailing is actually pretty spiffy. I might get one.

AfricaHunting, come for the rifles, stay for the fashion!

Leopards are likely to be shot, skinned and taxidermied on the spot;)

I've got a picture some where of @Bullthrower338 modeling the proper hat :)

I'd have to punch myself in the nuts if I wore this!

Wear that and people will be standing in line to punch you in the nuts before showing you the exit door.

Last edited:
Wear that and people will be standing in line to punch you in the nuts before showing you the exit door.
Someone wears that I think they would be lucky to be exited via a door instead of a window.

I know you are just kidding. A Western shirt with or without a string tie, Wrangler or similar jeans (Levis are out, they don't like sportsmen any more) a pair of cowboy boots & a Stetson.

A string tie would make the difference for a gentleman like you, Art ;)

All this talk of fashion has me just a bit worried.

We need @Bullthrower338 in this thread, talking about beavers....quick!

image.jpg

Did someone say Beaver?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Alistair I’m with you on appreciating the Purdey suit. Since I wear a tie every day for work, that would be a nice change.

But does it stain? I just wonder if being shoulder deep in an elk chest cavity (because I left my bone saw in the truck) would leave a lasting stain...

Thanks all for the fashion pointers. You have helped me make up my mind.

I was considering attending, but have decided to dine elsewhere.

So with new outfits the next question is footwear. Courteney or Russell?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg