Professional Hunter Michael Fell Wounded by Buffalo

Observe the surrounding density of the vegetation where the incident took place as being the classic type of environment where a wounded buffalo will retreat to and wait in ambush to settle accounts.
And 4.5 hours of intense tracking in such dense vegetation takes a toll on one's focus and attention, making one more vulnerable to a charge as you naturally become less wary.

Odd thing… I was watching Jim Shockey in Tanzania on TV and noticed that I recognized his PH Mike Fell.

I met Mike at McBride’s guns when he was picking up his new double rifle a few months back… And now I randomly see this while looking through articles.

Small world…. And I’m glad that Mike is still on it with us.

Prayers for a speedy and FULL recovery.

Odd thing… I was watching Jim Shockey in Tanzania on TV and noticed that I recognized his PH Mike Fell.

I met Mike at McBride’s guns when he was picking up his new double rifle a few months back… And now I randomly see this while looking through articles.

Small world…. And I’m glad that Mike is still on it with us.

Prayers for a speedy and FULL recovery.
Joe and Butch always have some cool stuff coming through their store.

I heard back from Mike again. He is doing better. The buffalo horn came just 3 cm from the femoral artery!

Thoughts and prayers.

My prayers for a prompt recovery.. I wish him the best and that he be back on the game soon!

Wish him speedy recovery

All the best for a speedy recovery

Just seen this thread, yet again another PH getting seriously hurt OMG!! Like I have said before it really shows the risks these professionals take on for us the client.
Let's hope this chap makes a full and speedy recovery and doesn't suffer any longer term issues, very best wishes to him!

Hope his recovery continues to go well!

Reading these stories about any PH, but especially those with incredible reputations, being injured or killed is an intense reminder of what they do to make a living and provide memories for people like us. Dont take your preparation for a safari, especially DG, lightly and remember that passing on a shot you're not comfortable with is better than a possibly creating this situation! (Note to self as well as I prepare for my 2nd safari and 1st buff)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.