Pride Of 10 Lions Fight Over Impala Kill, End Up Under Tourist's Car

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Wanted to share with you

It's what every tourists to the Kruger National Park hopes for - to see a pride of lion in all their majesty feeding on a fresh kill.

But for the tourists in this car, as heard by the loud shrieks and sounds of panic, this pride of over 10 lions came a little too close for comfort when they dragged their impala carcass to right beneath their car!

While visiting Kruger in August this year, Jade von Holdt witnessed a pride of lions chase down and kill an impala at Kumana Dam south of Satara rest camp. After the kill, Von Holdt began filming the action as the pride tucked into the impala.

And then things became heated... A tussle for possession of the carcass broke out between two of the lionesses, which drove the entire pride of lions (following the carcass) straight towards the Von Holdt’s vehicle.

"We were unable to move as the lions were literally up against the car with some cubs even under our car,“ von Holdt wrote on the KNP - Best Place on Earth Facebook group.

The lions cleared up the small impala meal in a flash, and moved away from the Von Holdt family vehicle fairly soon after.

Source: News24

It looks like the windows of the car are down. Didn't one of these encounters in the recent past have a cat go into the car?
Looks like it would be easy to grab a camera or arm.

It looks like the windows of the car are down. Didn't one of these encounters in the recent past have a cat go into the car?
Looks like it would be easy to grab a camera or arm.

Trust me those windows are shut tight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelinaVa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you