Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Hungary, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
It was cloudy all morning and is again now, but for about an hour and a half before and thirty minutes following totality, the skies cleared just enough. Just awesome.

eclipse2.jpg

Looked through some glasses here in Florida just north of Tampa. About 1/4 -1/3 covered. Cool to see. I think I was in 4th or 5th grade the first time I saw one. Thanks for sharing.

1712604487780.png

pic taken with my wifes iphone just as things went "black" in North Dallas..

Cows paid no attention, i saw people getting shades for their horses……

The cattle here headed for the barn and looked a little confused when things began to lighten up.

I’m jealous you all got to see it! Here in MN it was cloudy and wet. The clouds were too thick to see the sun.
Last year we still had 10” of snow on the ground this time.

I have a friend from Luoisiana who went to Arkansas just to experience this event!

1712642022395.png

We had 90% coverage . Which is more like dusk but different type of light.

The light reminded me of the old westerns movies. They would film during daylight with a filter on the camera. The light looked similar to that. At least to me.

We went to Georgetown TX to see the totality.

There is a night and day difference between 99% and 100%. Like turning off the lights! Hard to explain just have to experience it. I also saw the one in 2017 in Casper WY

IMG_5119.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
No eclipse in Italy but I was temporarily blinded by some beautiful women on the Isle of Capri yesterday!

Took the chairlift to the top but didn’t spot and plains game! What am I doing here?!?

Scott, I invited Jason Hairston to come along to Nepal for a couple climbs. After he left Sitka and at the beginning of his Kuiu product release he provided me with what he had to test and use.

So when I invite him to come with me. His immediate and forceful reply was I don’t climb unless there’s a sheep up there.

Someone could open a roadside attraction. Rent people a welding mask and a dime to hold over the sun so they can see the corona. Charge them by the minute they could stare at the sun for an hour if they like.

Scott, I invited Jason Hairston to come along to Nepal for a couple climbs. After he left Sitka and at the beginning of his Kuiu product release he provided me with what he had to test and use.

So when I invite him to come with me. His immediate and forceful reply was I don’t climb unless there’s a sheep up there.
Blue sheep? One of my goals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.