Powder Hoarders Club

And that gets very expensive very fast!

Cheap and 404 do not go together!
And that gets very expensive very fast!

Cheap and 404 do not go together!
Yes Close to 4.00 a piece to re-load and over 8.00 for factory, I don't see myself using this caliber for plinking, I did find a deal on re-loading dies. The rifle itself will not be fancy just a workingmans rifle

If you want a easy way to figure out what your handloads cost to put together here is a link to a caculator for you.

Just put in the required information and hit calculate:

http://www.handloads.com/calc/loadingCosts.asp
Thanks, I'll check that site out, another thing to look at is the cost of equipment, dies, brass cleaners ,powder dispencers and all the minor crap you need

Thanks, I'll check that site out, another thing to look at is the cost of equipment, dies, brass cleaners ,powder dispencers and all the minor crap you need

Don't forget the Excedrin!

All that stuff is collateral damage and is a necessary cost for the hobby.

Now if you are like me and have been reloading for close to 40 years and a dozen different cartridges then that stuff has paid for itself time and time again.

I am however looking at fancier powder measures and dispensers but quickly forget about them when I see their price tag.

Jim

I am still using the same Lyman No. 55 powder measure that I bought in 1975.

What are you measuring the stash with now, that has you tempted to defect?

All that stuff is collateral damage and is a necessary cost for the hobby.

Now if you are like me and have been reloading for close to 40 years and a dozen different cartridges then that stuff has paid for itself time and time again.

I am however looking at fancier powder measures and dispensers but quickly forget about them when I see their price tag.
The longer you re-load the the more little goodies you seem to accumulate. thank God I don't re-load Shotgun

Stash came in handy.

Shooting friend in MO has not been able to find Bullseye for several years, and he is out.

He has a lot of smelted WW lead.

Guess who's making a trade Friday on the way to the hideout?

Oh yeah...don't you love it when a plan comes together, and buddies can keep each other shooting?

That's the best way to work it.

Back in the 90's I traded off 10,000 primers for a lot of powder that I didn't have.

It is a good thing that I don't shoot as much now as I did back then.

Stash came in handy.

Shooting friend in MO has not been able to find Bullseye for several years, and he is out.

He has a lot of smelted WW lead.

Guess who's making a trade Friday on the way to the hideout?

Oh yeah...don't you love it when a plan comes together, and buddies can keep each other shooting?

Always good to help out a fellow shooter

It is interesting to read through this old thread.

Here we go again.

This past 6 months has seen me sell/give away 60,000 primers, 100 pounds of powder, 4,000 rounds of loaded ammo, 10,000 pieces of brass and about 6,000 bullets.

My loading room is no longer in danger of crashing down on me while I lay in bed, and the eventual move to MO will be easier now.

I still have enough for two lifetimes of shooting....but my wife is telling me to "stop already"!

I hope everyone here is at least able to keep shooting through this nonsense.

Me, I am heading to the range Saturday to shoot the Shiloh Sharps 45-70, the 475 Linebaugh and fireform 348 Ackley Improved in the M71.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning!

It is interesting to read through this old thread.

Here we go again.

This past 6 months has seen me sell/give away 60,000 primers, 100 pounds of powder, 4,000 rounds of loaded ammo, 10,000 pieces of brass and about 6,000 bullets.

My loading room is no longer in danger of crashing down on me while I lay in bed, and the eventual move to MO will be easier now.

I still have enough for two lifetimes of shooting....but my wife is telling me to "stop already"!

I hope everyone here is at least able to keep shooting through this nonsense.

Me, I am heading to the range Saturday to shoot the Shiloh Sharps 45-70, the 475 Linebaugh and fireform 348 Ackley Improved in the M71.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning!
@tarbe
Let us know how the 348 AI goes and give us some reloading specifics on it.
Bob

BLOODY HELL, the gunshops in oz don't carry that much powder .
hope no smokes at your place , ha ha ha .
you must head for the hills when theres a thunder storm , ha ha ha
@bluey
My gunshop usually holds a couple of hundred pounds and I have somewhere around 30 pounds and I live in OZ.
Bov

funny you should say that robb , I was given a reciepe for my 375 HH , with that same powder , they said that its the most accurate load they've tried to .
you don't have a Russian relative , in lakes entrance do you ?
@bluey
You will need a Russian relatives and mafia connections to get 760 or any other Winchester powder in OZ mate. They stopped importing it last year so that's I ttsx unless you can find old stock. I think you will have more luck finding a unicorn farting rainbows of happiness.
Bob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you