Porcupine mount

firehuntfish

AH fanatic
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
717
Reaction score
1,843
Location
Nature Coast Florida
Media
355
Hunting reports
Africa
5
USA/Canada
5
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
I was lucky enough to encounter and take an African porcupine with my bow on my last trip hunting with Limcroma Safaris. I finally got the mount back... It's definately the most unusual mount that I have and probably my new favorite.... Some asked to post pics when I got it, so here they are.....
 

Attachments

  • 2012 georgia turkeys 032.jpg
    2012 georgia turkeys 032.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 319
  • 2012 georgia turkeys 030.jpg
    2012 georgia turkeys 030.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 303
  • 2012 georgia turkeys 031.jpg
    2012 georgia turkeys 031.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 302
I would have taken one if I saw one. Maybe next time. Deff makes a neat mount
 
Interesting mount. Talented taxidermist to get that done safely.

Scary to have all those pointy barbs at my eye level though.
 
Great mount.
 
Great mount I'm going to keep my eye open for one on my next hunt in May. Thanks for posting
 
Great mount and hope to have one this year...

Last year in South Africa we saw about 13 porcupines and shot one and it blew quills every where.

Need a smaller rifle this year and looking to use the PH's 22 mag.
 
Great mount and hope to have one this year...

Last year in South Africa we saw about 13 porcupines and shot one and it blew quills every where.

Need a smaller rifle this year and looking to use the PH's 22 mag.

What did you use a 338?
 
They must of used a big pin cushion to ship him :)

Way cool!
 
Very unique mount, great conversation piece.
 
Very cool mount. It sure looks different then the porcupines we have here in Wisconsin.
Don't let it throw its quills at you :sarcasm::joke:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,376
Messages
1,574,508
Members
170,052
Latest member
006661621
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top