Politics

p.s .. As EV's were getting towed to dealerships around here, .. I asked them "What does it Cost to Fill a Full Charge?" $80.00!

View attachment 492721
What really gets me is the charging stations powered by diesel generators. I had to drive down to Denver last week (Ohh the horror). Parked my big loud Ram TRX next to two old hippies charging their EV. I could clearly here the generator running when exiting my vehicle. They looked at me like I was polluting their world. Half hour later those fools were still sitting there. I turned on the sound of freedom and sped away. They probably have no clue that my gas guzzler gets more MPG than their lame EV that is powered by that Honeywell diesel generator.

Is There any thoughts on the Nordstream Pipeline Explosion?
my thoughts are quite simple-when Putin wants to scare us (Germans), he turns off the gas tap completely.It's that simple,that's all he has to do.
Cui bono ?
once asked Cicero, the most famous orator of ancient Rome.
Who has the greatest benefit (from this escalation)?
Or believes to have it.
You don't have to be a military strategist to see that.........
just my 2 cents.
Foxi

It's all for naught. All this worrying about replacement battery cost, battery charging costs. Fretting over it is senseless.

Unless you are in the top 1/10th of 1%, (top 330,000) of US population, you are not going to have an electric vehicle or have access to a charging station or a road on which to drive. There is simply not enough resources in either material or energy to supply more than that. there will be no further road construction because there will be no gas tax income and the greeners will have banned new construction and maintenance of existing roads.

But that won't matter because the worlds crop production will have been reduced due to lack of soil replenishment that yield will collapse bur that won't matter because there will be no fuel for the machinery to farm or transport to market.

the trajectory being pushed by the Global demonRats of saving the Earth from Humans will result in massive starvation long before any climate change shows a measurable effect.

So what to do? Appears the late teen/early adulthood are dealing with it by internet and medications as a means of escape.

I used to work for Ford/UAW .. "We Report, You Decide" ;
View attachment 492719
It is also why most of these vehicles have zero trade-in value. Who in their right mind mind will buy a used vehicle - particularly a lower end model - for 25K when they have a 20+K maintenance bill on the very near horizon. Somewhere in this unending thread I posted a clip of a young coed and her parents who did just such a thing with this result after six-months of ownership.

The worst thing about most of this environmental nonsense is that it represents a belief system more akin to religion than science. How often does one hear "I believe in global warming." Like religion, there is no allowance for heretical thought - such as, for instance, applying the scientific method to real research. I keep waiting for Gavin Newsome to scream out "it is God's will!" with his next missive - except these empty souls have traded faith for environmentalism.

Excellent analysis across the board, though the SEDEF is hugely constrained by his position.

Poor Margaret didn't much like McMaster very politely saying that the Biden administration was essentially "greenlighting" Putin's invasion. Very very able man. And he slammed the classified document discussion squarely in pinched face.

David Petraeus is one of the best minds we have. Combat force generation at the strategic and operational level is not well understood by the layman. It is a months - sometimes years long race against one's foe. Ukraine was all in from the moment the first Russian VDV trooper touched down at the Kiev airport. Russia constrained itself, believing that the Ukraine would collapse to a show of force in the first few hours. They have never caught up, and the qualitative and quantitative disadvantages are continuing to widen at aver greater and faster pace.

As I type, newly trained and equipped Ukrainian formations are rolling up the right flank of the Russian forces on the right bank (north) of the Dnieper in Kherson. Units are mopping up stragglers around Liman and are continuing to push east in the north. This whole thing could easily collapse.

If you listen closely, Patraeus offered an interesting glimpse of a negotiation outcome with the original breakaway areas of Dombas as the bargaining chip. A case can be made that Ukraine is likely more stable without them going forward.

Screenshot_20221002-204521_Instagram.jpg

Biden administration was essentially "greenlighting" Putin's invasion. .

David Petraeus is one of the best minds we have.

the original breakaway areas of Dombas Ukraine is likely more stable without them going forward.

Of course Bidet did- his "minor incursion" would be tolerated or whatever specific words were used along with the petroleum orders that caused oil prices to sky rocket not only said the US wouldn't respond but made it financially possible.

It would be interesting to see how history would have gone if Petraeus' surge operations had been allowed completion so that the nation would have been stabilized.

A cost/benefit analysis would likely show Ukraine is better off without the region- although the Ukraine minority in the area wouldn't like it- but I suppose it's much like a royalist living in Ireland.

1664759398437.png

the theory is that the bombs bursting throws smoke and dirt into the air which reflects the suns rays away from the Earth, causing a cooling. So a war isn't needed for this to be done scientifically, and other aspects of weather could be changed. For example, Hurricanes that hit the gulf originate off the coast of equatorial Africa. The population of that portion of Africa could be relocated, a few bursts setoff, Clouds prevent the sun from warming the ocean in that area and no more hurricanes. The global warming could be adjusted by determining just how much dirt/smoke needs to be sent aloft and the amount of explosives adjusted. No sense over doing it.

If you believe this then you'd even believe that the Covid vaccines are safe and effective.

Hello @Red Leg ,
I read the following article, claiming that due to low equipment stockpiles by NATO for Ukraine, and the approaching winter, that Russia might be taking back the initiative in the coming months. Do you see any basis for that theory from your own sources or analysis?

Is this a real threat this winter, or is the author misinformed/writing misinformation?

Last edited:
Hello @Red Leg ,
I read the following article, claiming that due to low equipment stockpiles by NATO for Ukraine, and the approaching winter, that Russia might be taking back the initiative in the coming months. Do you see any basis for that theory from your own sources or analysis?

Is this a real threat this winter, or is the author misinformed/writing misinformation?
So first look at the source. "Zero Hedge" started out as a fringe economic page that pandered to the typical far right conspiracy theory genre. "Tyler Durden" is not a person, but a nom de plume of any in-house staff writer. Apparently this one has decided to become a military expert. I should note they have taken a position of extreme US isolationism throughout the current conflict. I would not be surprised if Douglas Macgregor or Scott Ritter isn't a regular consultant. They echo the same sort interpretation of "America First" as Revolver and Tucker.

By the way, if you are using these guys for economic news, I would strongly suggest a complimentary subscription to the Wall Street Journal or Barrons. :oops: ;)

Yes, NATO - and by that I mean several of the smaller members to include Poland - have rid themselves of Soviet era stocks of tanks and BMPs. Something they have been wanting to do for a couple of decades for modern US or German replacements, but for which there was never any funding. Thanks to Putin's adventurism, those countries have now made those decisions and investments and will soon begin taking delivery of modern IFVs and MBTs. My simple military mind says that is clearly in NATO interests generally, US interests specifically, and to Russia's ever growing detriment.

The US has built over 500 HIMARS and approximately 250 are deployed with US forces. Another subset have been sold through security assistance, but we have plenty in reserve to continue equipping Ukrainian artillery formations. Indeed, all of the equipment we have provided that isn't new production (i.e switchblade, etc) is through Presidential drawdown authority - in other words, drawdown of stocks excess to requirements. Again, rather than strain the force, this provides an opportunity to usefully expend older or excess material.

Munitions are another red herring. Exact numbers of any munition are classified. But let us take MLRS/HIMARS (same ammo) specifically since it seems to incense the "expert" at Hedgefund the most. Unclassified data indicates production in excess of 100,000 missiles. Like any such munition, these have shelf life - usually around a decade. You can be certain that older lots are being provided to Ukraine. Rather than have the first years' of production of these rounds de-milled later this decade, Ukraine is able to de-mill at Russia's growing expense for us. And Lockheed Martin has an up and running line going at full production.

Even if there was a dip in meaningful worst case reserve army stocks, who exactly are we going to be engaging in a multi-Corps land war in the foreseeable future? I mean, Russia seems rather occupied, and I am certain we have no war plan to march on Moscow. And no one has quite come to grips how we get into a major land war with China.

And Russia is going to carry out a winter offensive?!? With what? They have lost somewhere between 60 - 80% (whether you believe Oryx or US DOD) of their modernized tank and IFV force. The internet is full of pictures of ancient T62/64 tanks on rail cars being shipped to the front to be manned one presumes by this mob currently being sent to the front. The evidence is overwhelming that they are being sent with no training, no winter provisions or clothing, no body armor, and many with helmets worn by their grandfathers. Even Russian TV is beginning to express concerns.

So no. I do not believe a meaningful Russian winter offensive is at all likely. Their trained and best equipped force, the one that invaded in February has essentially been destroyed. The capability gap between Ukraine and this newly mobilized mop is growing dramatically. If anyone takes advantage of "General Winter" it will be Ukraine continuing to roll over ever more demoralized depleted remnants of Russia's land forces.

I am convinced that the only way Russia has any way to recover militarily is if we force Ukraine into negotiations too soon. Russia has to be at a point of finding a way to "get out" through negotiations, rather than achieve any objectives.

Last edited:
Hello @Red Leg ,

So first look at the source. "Zero Hedge" started out as a fringe economic page that pandered to the typical far right conspiracy theory genre. "Tyler Durden" is not a person, but a nom de plume of any in-house staff writer. Apparently this one has decided to become a military expert. I should note they have taken a position of extreme US isolationism throughout the current conflict. I would not be surprised if Douglas Macgregor or Scott Ritter isn't a regular consultant. They echo the same sort interpretation of "America First" as Revolver and Tucker.

Article was first published by bigserge which is a Russian propaganda outlet and apologist. I would guess zero hedge got paid to re-post it.

Kamala hits new low. Please Lord, don't let Biden die during the next few years.

She is living proof that you can sleep your way to the top. Obviously slept with men who have bad vision, but succeeded all the same.

Remember they are all just figureheads. Nothing will change if she becomes president. She will have as much power as Biden, which is zero. If Biden wants to get us into a war, Susan Rice will sit him in the corner until she gets Obama on the phone.

Last edited:
Article was first published by bigserge which is a Russian propaganda outlet and apologist. I would guess zero hedge got paid to re-post it.
Missed that. Good catch.

Reactions: RTG
1664812340811.png

By the way, if you are using these guys for economic news, I would strongly suggest a complimentary subscription to the Wall Street Journal or Barrons. :oops: ;)

Yes, NATO - and by that I mean several of the smaller members to include Poland - have rid themselves of Soviet era stocks of tanks and BMPs. Something they have been wanting to do for a couple of decades for modern US or German replacements, but for which there was never any funding. Thanks to Putin's adventurism, those countries have now made those decisions and investments and will soon begin taking delivery of modern IFVs and MBTs. My simple military mind says that is clearly in NATO interests generally, US interests specifically, and to Russia's ever growing detriment.

The US has built over 500 HIMARS and approximately 250 are deployed with US forces. Another subset have been sold through security assistance, but we have plenty in reserve to continue equipping Ukrainian artillery formations. Indeed, all of the equipment we have provided that isn't new production (i.e switchblade, etc) is through Presidential drawdown authority - in other words, drawdown of stocks excess to requirements. Again, rather than strain the force, this provides an opportunity to usefully expend older or excess material.

Munitions are another red herring. Exact numbers of any munition are classified. But let us take MLRS/HIMARS (same ammo) specifically since it seems to incense the "expert" at Hedgefund the most. Unclassified data indicates production in excess of 100,000 missiles. Like any such munition, these have shelf life - usually around a decade. You can be certain that older lots are being provided to Ukraine. Rather than have the first years' of production of these rounds de-milled later this decade, Ukraine is able to de-mill at Russia's growing expense for us. And Lockheed Martin has an up and running line going at full production.

Even if there was a dip in meaningful worst case reserve army stocks, who exactly are we going to be engaging in a multi-Corps land war in the foreseeable future? I mean, Russia seems rather occupied, and I am certain we have no war plan to march on Moscow. And no one has quite come to grips how we get into a major land war with China.

And Russia is going to carry out a winter offensive?!? With what? They have lost somewhere between 60 - 80% (whether you believe Oryx or US DOD) of their modernized tank and IFV force. The internet is full of pictures of ancient T62/64 tanks on rail cars being shipped to the front to be manned one presumes by this mob currently being sent to the front. The evidence is overwhelming that they are being sent with no training, no winter provisions or clothing, no body armor, and many with helmets worn by their grandfathers. Even Russian TV is beginning to express concerns.

So no. I do not believe a meaningful Russian winter offensive is at all likely. Their trained and best equipped force, the one that invaded in February has essentially been destroyed. The capability gap between Ukraine and this newly mobilized mop is growing dramatically. If anyone takes advantage of "General Winter" it will be Ukraine continuing to roll over ever more demoralized depleted remnants of Russia's land forces.

I am convinced that the only way Russia has any way to recover militarily is if we force Ukraine into negotiations too soon. Russia has to be at a point of finding a way to "get out" through negotiations, rather than achieve any objectives.

Fair enough, that is why I asked for your second opinion :)

Thanks!

(I have rolling subscriptions via my job on pretty much every mayor news outlet there is, zerohedge is one of my sources for alternative info)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!