Politics

That is unfortunate. Even though I can appreciate the Trump administration trimming the fat from the federal government, I feel that there could be too much collateral damage to some people that are passionate about their jobs, and the good that they can do in those sectors.

That's kind of the problem with letting the government get so bloated. In order to de-bloat if you will, or restructure, people were going to lose their jobs. It's been staring us in the face for decades.

I thought the same thing about Obama care. Get rid of or limit it and you automatically get people upset at the "offending" party.
 
Last edited:
If the Trump administration takes a deep dive into the DOD , Im certain they could find 8% in wasteful spending
So far, they don't seem to be doing a deep dive but taking the hammer to the nail approach.
 
So far, they don't seem to be doing a deep dive but taking the hammer to the nail approach.

Elon isnt known for a deep dive approach.. He is known for conducting shermans march to the sea, and then solving the related/created problems in the aftermath..

He took the same approach at Twitter, Tesla, and other companies he has owned that he thought needed to be thinned out..

To his credit, the tactic has worked and ultimately been successful everywhere he has done it...

In the case of DOGE, Elon doesn't have the authority to actually do anything other than the finding/discovery work.. what happens after is the action of the associated secretary or POTUS himself..

No one should have expected a surgical strike once Trump announced his intention to back Musk and Ramswarthy in DOGE... Musk doesn't use a scalpel.. he never has... he uses MOABs...

While I don't particularly like how they are doing things and would have appreciated a little more precision in their actions, Im not at all surprised or alarmed by it.. its exactly what I expected them to do based on how they have operated in the past..
 
Last edited:
It is estimated that taxpayers spend $182 billion annually to pay the cost of 20 million illegal aliens and their children
FB_IMG_1740016250860.jpg
 
Last edited:
Elon isnt known for a deep dive approach.. He is known for conducting shermans march to the sea, and then solving the related/created problems in the aftermath..

He took the same approach at Twitter, Tesla, and other companies he has owned that he thought needed to be thinned out..

To his credit, the tactic has worked and ultimately been successful everywhere he has done it...

...
I disagree with Twitter, he bought it for $44B and it is worth $19B now. Banks that invested in it already have written off losses on the loans.

 
I think Gen Keen just basically said they are taking shots back and forth at one another publicly but it should die down. Hmmm…..
 
I disagree with Twitter, he bought it for $44B and it is worth $19B now. Banks that invested in it already have written off losses on the loans.


youve been around business long enough, and I'd guess have traded in stocks and/or equity positions enough at this point in your life to know that the math isn't nearly that simple... you're smarter than that...

banks losing money have little to nothing to do with Musk losing money.. in fact it has nothing to do with it..

a market cap valuation of $44B in 2022 is only moderately relevant to a $19B value as a privately held company.

prior to Musk purchasing Twitter, it was generating roughly $4.4B a year in revenue (with a $44B market cap mind you).

Its currently generating about $3.4B in revenue annually... but its operating costs have been reduced by almost 80%...

So a 1/2 drop in revenue, with a 4/5 drop in cost.. clearly it is a MUCH more efficient machine now..

while there is significant debt saddling, twitter/X is actually significantly more profitable today than it was in 2022 even after having to service that debt...

combine that with the economies of scale and the synergies Musk uses across the portfolio of his companies, you also have to factor in the value twitter/X is providing to his other endeavors.. (again, its no longer publicly traded.. its privately held.. so it is perfectly ok for Musk to operate X in his own self interest.. if Twitter/X does take a loss in a particular area or during a particular time period, if those losses are offset by the additional value that Twitter/X creates in other businesses, then its not a loss at all.. its actually a net gain..
 
Last edited:
With all do respect, this may be the most singularly biased review of this period of history that I have yet read. And no I don't feel like going into a point by point review. I am sure many here will find it compelling.

I agree we don't need to go through it point by point. We have already done that multiple times. I can also see where an individual would see it as biased since it doesn't fit the narrative that the war started when Russia rolled over the Ukrainian border. All individuals see the world through their own prism. Me included. I however do not see it as biased, and that it gives a pretty accurate harbinger of what led up to the war. On that, hopefully we can agree to disagree.
 
I agree we don't need to go through it point by point. We have already done that multiple times. I can also see where an individual would see it as biased since it doesn't fit the narrative that the war started when Russia rolled over the Ukrainian border. All individuals see the world through their own prism. Me included. I however do not see it as biased, and that it gives a pretty accurate harbinger of what led up to the war. On that, hopefully we can agree to disagree.
My only challenge to what you said is though the article makes reasonable assertions, I feel the authors fail with respect to accurate context. I fully respect your right to disagree with my opinion and absolutely acknowledge your reasoning, however misguided :E Angel:, for doing so.
 
I agree. Pay down the debt, and throw a bone to the taxpayers in the form of tax cuts

Concur.

Pay down the debt and reduce the cost of servicing the debt annually..

Revamp the tax code, simplify it, and reduce the average Americans income tax liability..
 
I wouldn't read too much into Trump's comments on Zelinskyy. There is no love lost between them.
Trump is playing his own version of 3D chess.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,479
Members
169,572
Latest member
FloridaGlo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top