Politics

Older voters are not a monolithic, especially in the urban areas where most people are liberal and where most people live.
This is true. It is also true that older voters tend to vote more Republican and tend to vote at a higher rate. It is also true that mail in voting statistically increases the vote share of republicans, especially in blue states. I assume it is because it makes it easier for seniors to vote, but I could be wrong on the reason. Regardless, foot still shot.

Yes, and SCOTUS had multiple election cases brought to them, including Pennsylvania. They declined them all.

Yes and Clarence Thomas called it “befuddling and incomprehensible” as to why his colleagues would not hear the case.

This is true. It is also true that older voters tend to vote more Republican and tend to vote at a higher rate. It is also true that mail in voting statistically increases the vote share of republicans, especially in blue states. I assume it is because it makes it easier for seniors to vote, but I could be wrong on the reason. Regardless, foot still shot.
Your assumptions are incorrect about mailed ballots increasing Republican turnout. Actually, the opposite is true. Lately, college educated people are voting more for Democrats than ever before. Their numbers of votes went up and had the highest percentage increases of the population for mailed ballots, according to the US Census Bureau.

Last edited:
Yes and Clarence Thomas called it “befuddling and incomprehensible” as to why his colleagues would not hear the case.
I do not have a desire to get into Clarence Thomas, but he and his wife have made their opinions known on the election. A 7-2 split is also neither rare nor evidence of anything nefarious.

Sure is odd that 2016 was such a free and fair election when Obama was running the show, but once Trump took over, the 2020 election was mired in cheating and corruption. Hmmm

That's because the left knew Trump couldn't beat Hitlary. Shocker when Trump won the election, and what did the left and Hitlary say at that time? That there was voter fraud.

According to Yahoo News:

"Hillary Clinton is sticking with her conviction that the 2016 presidential election was not conducted legitimately, saying the details surrounding her loss are still unclear." :unsure::unsure:

Sure is odd that 2016 was such a free and fair election when Obama was running the show, but once Trump took over, the 2020 election was mired in cheating and corruption. Hmmm
It doesn’t take too much imagination to think that after a surprise loss in 2016, the powers that be could have decided to hedge their bets in 2020.

I’m not saying that’s the case but a lack of interference in 2016 wouldn’t preclude it happening in 2020. The response to Trump’s election by his opponents has convinced me that they really didn’t expect it to happen and their histrionics and rhetoric for the subsequent four years convinced me they would have no moral qualms about cheating if they thought they could get away with it.

This is not evidence but I think it partially explains why people were and still are so quick to believe that cheating occurred. The democrats created an environment where them doing absolutely anything to prevent another Trump term was plausible.

I am not a Trump cultist (an unfortunate term some here are using pretty broadly) and due to lack of evidence, I am not convinced that the 2020 election was stolen. On the other hand, if irrefutable evidence for it was presented tomorrow, I would not be terribly shocked.

That's because the left knew Trump couldn't beat Hitlary. Shocker when Trump won the election, and what did the left and Hitlary say at that time? That there was voter fraud.

According to Yahoo News:

"Hillary Clinton is sticking with her conviction that the 2016 presidential election was not conducted legitimately, saying the details surrounding her loss are still unclear." :unsure::unsure:
In addition to "not my president."

Your assumptions are incorrect about mailed ballots increasing Republican turnout. Actually, the opposite is true. Lately, college educated people are voting more for Democrats than ever before. Their numbers of votes went up and had the highest percentage increases of the population, according to the US Census Bureau.
You are right, I was remembering what I had read about the surge in Republican voting in the California primary. Unlike wine, my memory does not improve with age. It seems that in heavily blue states, Republicans are less incentivized to vote in primaries (for obvious reasons) but voting by mail tends to boost their participation, though not enough to necessarily swing a general election.

A quick google search turned up a few studies suggesting that voting by mail has had a negligible impact on vote share.

With regard to your other point about college educated voters swinging toward democrats, I am not sure how this pertains to the merits of voting by mail, but it does suggest that Republicans should reevaluate their pitch and win some of those voters back.

IMG_8199.jpeg

You are right, I was remembering what I had read about the surge in Republican voting in the California primary. Unlike wine, my memory does not improve with age. It seems that in heavily blue states, Republicans are less incentivized to vote in primaries (for obvious reasons) but voting by mail tends to boost their participation, though not enough to necessarily swing a general election.

A quick google search turned up a few studies suggesting that voting by mail has had a negligible impact on vote share.

With regard to your other point about college educated voters swinging toward democrats, I am not sure how this pertains to the merits of voting by mail, but it does suggest that Republicans should reevaluate their pitch and win some of those voters back.
I edited my post. College educated people showed the highest increases in mailed ballots according to the US Census Bureau and they lean liberal.

I edited my post. College educated people showed the highest increases in mailed ballots according to the US Census Bureau and they lean liberal.
Do you think that is because voting by mail encouraged more left leaning people to vote who otherwise would not, or that left leaning people who would have voted anyway were more inclined to choose mail as their preferred method?

Do you think that is because voting by mail encouraged more left leaning people to vote who otherwise would not, or that left leaning people who would have voted anyway were more inclined to choose mail as their preferred method?
IMG_3964.png

Both. More voted than ever before and the states with prior mailed ballots also saw a further increased turnout by mail.

... and I have that t-shirt too, although in a totally different font.

My favorite remains my hoodie, in part because of the message but mostly because it's the most comfortable one I own. Still, it's good to let people know where you stand. ;)

346760228_3639356249625631_1708990113466275828_n.jpg

From what I have read, mail in votes tend to boost Republicana, probably because it makes it easier for seniors to vote. As you said, it sure seems Republicans shot themselves in the foot with that one in 2020.
At least in Texas that is no longer true. D's outvote R's by mail by a wide margin at least in the big cities. The Supreme Court just declined to hear a Texas Case involving mail-in ballots. The D's sued Texas to allow all ages to vote by mail and not just the over 65. Thankfully the D's lost.

On another note, the Courts did not decide the merits of the case, they dismissed them for standing a big difference. And Court really do not like to get involved in political decisions.

IMO Biden would have never won, without the rules change for Covid, which by the way, only the state legislators can change, but that did not stop Secretaries of State from changing the rules.

Last edited:
I think it increased voter participation. It is definitely a lot easier to vote by mail than having to figure out where the polling place is, get in line and also take time off from one's day to vote.

Historically, Republican voters have been more enthusiastic about in-person voting and that had been their edge in tight races. Mail-in ballots leveled the field in the sense that enthusiasm does not come into play as much.

Here in CA just about everyone I know votes by mail or just drive by the polling place to drop in their ballot rather than get in line to vote.

Interesting question posed by Kurt Sclichter at TownHall this morning, "Will Jews stop voting for Democrats who want to kill them?"
This is a bit of a loaded question. Of course I will vote against anyone who wants to kill me regardless of their political party. There are plenty of Democrats who are outspoken defenders of the Jewish people and of Israel, just as there are plenty of Republicans who are not. I vote based on the candidates in front of me, and I hope others do the same.

The point I think that quote is trying to get at is whether Jews will move away from the Democratic Party more broadly due to a perceived tolerance of the more antisemitic elements of the Democratic Party. To that, I would say it depends on how each party chooses to handle things. Both parties have some pretty unsavory elements that need addressing.

If I were to give a warning to Democrats, and by extension Republicans, it is to not take our votes for granted or assume that not confronting the antisemitic elements in the party will be read as anything other than cowardice at best and an endorsement at worst.

You must be in the camp that actually believes that garbage, along with humans causing climate change, islam is the religion of peace, and murdering babies is ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfredoYua

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.