Politics

I guess she's headed to the airport for a flight to Kabul to discuss climate change with the Taliban? Maybe she's crying because they wouldn't let her take her Happy Vegan Meal on the flight?
She didn't get that chubby by being a Vegan!

I am not sure what it is about many on the farther right - and I hasten to say not all. But offer up reasoned discussion, supported by facts and rather than debate the issue, the immediate reaction for too many is some form of name calling or dismissal. I'll happily debate my understanding of and credentials as a conservative with anyone. I'll also happily offer an informed opinion on most national and international policy issues surfaced in this thread. I am far from a know it all (that sounds so sixth grade doesn't it?), but I do know a lot, and much of that supported by experience.

We are fortunate here. I genuinely respect @ActionBob 's take on almost any domestic economic issue. It is something he lives daily and with which he has vast experience. @WAB and @mdwest have or do run significant business enterprises with international footprints and offer perspectives that are hard to find among a typical group of hunting buddies. @Scott CWO has taken a small business and turned it into one of the more successful such models in the hemisphere. I also appreciate @Saul because he represents the thinking part of the democrat party - a group to which too many in this country seemingly are no longer exposed, or as demonstrated here, refused even acknowledgement by the farther right. There are a number of other terrific people here, many of whom will eventually vote for Trump, who offer extremely valuable dialogue in this discussion.

So, unlike sitting at the bar with buddies, this audience is bit more diverse. Say something outlandish and someone will not merely call you on it, they will explain why and offer supporting evidence. Most people capable of that sort of discussion don't have a lot of patience with sophomoric one liners.
Shout out to Red Leg-- if more Americans could state their own opinions as clearly while listening respectfully to alternate opinions we wouldn't be in this mess.

1712450563043.png

1712450625023.png

So what in the wide world of sports?? John Fetterman is making more sense than 97% of Dems and 42% of Republicans!
He better start paying attention to where Hillary is.. at all times! And stay off park benches!

What do you think Robert Mercer and his daughter Rebekah paid to be in the media promotion clip posted.

I wouldn't count DeSantis out just yet. A lot can happen between now and November.
DeSantis was the most politically intelligent candidate we had. He systematically reformed Florida law to allow his bid while retaining governorship as he knew it was a 'chance'. He did not execute attacks like most of the other candidates, but did exercise 'swings' when needed.
He also recognized when to withdraw his bud while saving face for the future. He hopefully will run for 2028 and if he stays on pace with past achievements in Florida, he'll handedly prove he is the GOP frontrunner.

He is the candidate we need, but it won't be yet.

DeSantis was the most politically intelligent candidate we had. He systematically reformed Florida law to allow his bid while retaining governorship as he knew it was a 'chance'. He did not execute attacks like most of the other candidates, but did exercise 'swings' when needed.
He also recognized when to withdraw his bud while saving face for the future. He hopefully will run for 2028 and if he stays on pace with past achievements in Florida, he'll handedly prove he is the GOP frontrunner.

He is the candidate we need, but it won't be yet.
Yes, he won the last Governorship in Florida by 18 points with strong backing from the Cuban community. No other Governor can say that. He's socially and fiscally conservative without a lot of drama.

1712500292573.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmbroseaDus

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg