Politics

I'm not following this? I believe WAB is right? What good does it do protecting your home from an EMP when MILLIONS of non hardened transformers in the electric grid have been fried and the electricity isn't coming to your home anyway? Maybe for YEARS if it's a geographically localized manmade EMP event or NEVER if it's another Carrington Event. As I've mentioned before, it takes many months to build ONE transformer if you have the electricity and parts to do it. I guess if you've EMP proofed your home/generator, one can survive on a generator for awhile until the fuel for it runs out and/or solar panels if you have battery back up and the weather cooperates for days/weeks when you would need it most during a cold winter.
So because the grid is fried you are okay with everything you own also getting fried? If you have a protected generator and home, as soon as the grid is restored, you are back online while everyone else is spending thousands buying new stuff for your home.

In addition, the utilities are slowly getting ready now.

Kids These Days!

I suspect we don’t see as many videos like this because to raise boys right it takes both hands.

Enjoy!

This information is 10 years old and then published in 2021. So take from that what you like.
So I have been digging around on this issue with collogues still with my old company. I would simply describe them to a person as extremely highly skeptical a small plastic box with a few wires sticking out of it would be capable of protecting a generator much less an automobile from an actual meaningful EMP event. The amount of effort going into combat platforms is fairly extraordinary.

Wanna Make Everything Electric Start With The Border Wall Men's Fashion Casual Street Style 3D Print T shirt Tee Henley Shirt Street Sports Outdoor Casual T shirt Black Dark Green Brown Short Sleeve

Kids These Days!

I suspect we don’t see as many videos like this because to raise boys right it takes both hands.

Enjoy!

Reminds me of when I was 5 and learning to drive. Stick shift, too.

So because the grid is fried you are okay with everything you own also getting fried? If you have a protected generator and home, as soon as the grid is restored, you are back online while everyone else is spending thousands buying new stuff for your home.

In addition, the utilities are slowly getting ready now.

I agree if it works. I’m going to do some
Digging to convince myself one way or the other.

I agree if it works. I’m going to do some
Digging to convince myself one way or the other.
This product seems to be, and is described by the company, a "surge protector." For a home, it is apparently integrated to the breaker box. We have a similar device attached to both main boxes primarily to protect the heat pump compressors. These would seem to simply be a more robust design. That would, I assume, be effective in stopping a EMP induced surge through the actual power grid.

What I also believe is that every single wire associated with every circuit of a circuit board will act as an "antenna" to absorb the pulse directly - at least until it is fried. The circuit board photo shared by @Mark A Ouellette shows just how many separate "antennae" entry points there are for the direct pulse flowing through the atmosphere.

It would be interesting to hear their comments with respect to that threat.

Last edited:
This product seems to be, and is described by the company, a "surge protector." For a home, it is apparently integrated to the breaker box. We have a similar device attached to both main boxes primarily to protect the heat pump compressors. These would seem to simply be a more robust design. That would, I assume, be effective in stopping a EMP induced surge through the power actual grid.

What I also believe is that every single wire associated with every circuit of a circuit board will act as an "antenna" to absorb the pulse directly - at least until it is fried. The circuit board photo shared by @Mark A Ouellette shows just how many separate "antennae" entry points there are for the direct pulse flowing through the atmosphere.

It would be interesting to hear their comments with respect to that threat.

I agree. I have lightning arrestors on all my boxes. It sounds like these are a vastly improved device of similar intent. However, is it safe to assume that all EMP surges come through the grid? If this is the case, why are vehicles at risk?

I agree. I have lightning arrestors on all my boxes. It sounds like these are a vastly improved device of similar intent. However, is it safe to assume that all EMP surges come through the grid? If this is the case, why are vehicles at risk?
That is my point, they don't. The grid is simply an antennae to absorb the pulse through the atmosphere. But so are the trillions of unprotected exposed connections on the billions of circuit cards running nearly everything. Unless they are shielded from the direct surge of the blast/source itself, I do not see how a surge protector has much utility.

As I say, I would love to see an explanation of that by the manufacturer. Would certainly save us a lot of worry and expense on combat vehicles and aircraft.

This is not theoretical. There are labs that test this equipment. Lightning is much harder to protect against.
I do not gain by promoting these. So I’ll do me. :ROFLMAO: :cool:

I’m not trying to argue, I just don’t understand. Can you explain how they protect against an atmospheric pulse that is going to take out my vehicle?

This is not theoretical. There are labs that test this equipment. Lightning is much harder to protect against.
I do not gain by promoting these. So I’ll do me. :ROFLMAO: :cool:
I am not trying to debate you. I am going by what they say in the online brochure. The house version protects a surge from the grid. Their description not mine - likely protects against a military grade surge. What I don’t understand and don’t see in the description is how an unshielded circuit board is protected.

I also don’t want to come off as argumentative on the subject. :cool: It’s not my product I have nothing to gain.

WAB, the most credible protection company is EMP Shield, go to their website. There are government studies and links posted there . They can direct you to from that site.

There are thousands of variables and so much information to go through. It could not be proven or disproven on this forum, but the information is out there if you go to the right place.

Again, I use the same analogy. It’s like any armor anything is defeatable. Even an M1 A1 tank armor can be defeated, but I’d rather have it on then not.

I also don’t want to come off as argumentative on the subject. :cool: It’s not my product I have nothing to gain.

WAB, the most credible protection company is EMP Shield, go to their website. There are government studies and links posted there . They can direct you to from that site.

There are thousands of variables and so much information to go through. It could not be proven or disproven on this forum, but the information is out there if you go to the right place.

Again, I use the same analogy. It’s like any armor anything is defeatable. Even an M1 A1 tank armor can be defeated, but I’d rather have it on then not.
My only issue is that I can find nothing in their or their linked literature that persuades me stopping a grid line surge to my house in anyway protects anything in it from the direct EMP pulse. For that to happen, the house or individual components would have to be shielded. That is not addressed anywhere in anything that I have read on the site - something I would suggest is noteworthy. I'll give them a call Monday. Now I am curious.

On second thought, I just sent them an email.

But yes, greater surge protection is no doubt of value.

Last edited:
Let us know what they say!

Red Leg, on the EMP Shield website the information and studies are in what they library
I’ve also listed the military testing and Mil standards the units meet and exceed.

The entire grid would not be wiped out. The conditions of each local utilities system varies. Some have very antiquated systems. They wouldn’t be impacted as much.

Some use more electronic equipment and haven’t updated to fast enough tripping breakers or fault sensing equipment so would be impacted more.

With EMP and CME it’s the speed that is critical. The E1 spikes and collapses in a nano second. Most equipment can not send the spike to ground fast enough.

There would be pockets that are wiped out for a long time and others would be able to sectionalize the damaged equipment and restore sooner so it would be a hodgepodge around the world but to say it would destroy 100% of the equipment is wrong.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerrellHib

Latest profile posts

NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
here with available dates for 2024/25

1-13 September 2024
14-31 October 2024
1-7 November 2024
18-24 November 2024

March 2025 is wide open!
12-17 April 2025
24-28 May 2025
15-21 June 2025
7-12 July 2025
22-28 July 2025
13-31 August 2025
15-30 September 2025

October and November 2025 is wide open!
Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.