Politics

saul,

a question, how would you resolve the problem of looting and burning cities by "protesters"?

i heard that 50 secret service members were injured the other day. i also read many police and civilians have been injured (I'm sure some will die) all to protest what exactly? sure a cop did a lousy job, hold him accountable and move on. this "global" protest serves nobody well, especially those that are having their livelihoods burned or destroyed.

so, how would you fix the problem, now that is has momentum?
Very good question. I believe that the anger of the protesters is completely justified in this case. The justice system is broken and politicians have proven to be untrustworthy. Looters and violent rioters are a completely different discussion and need to dealt with in a completely different manner. In order to protect the freedom of Americans to protest injustice, while keeping our officers and communities safe, the best approach would be to work with protesters to root out the criminals. I like the idea of a curfew with a strong police presence to sweep up all of the criminals who remain out. Furthermore, we absolutely need to address the causes of these protests. Firing officers with repeat excessive force reports, new training, and instituting some form of community oversight will go a long way at rebuilding the relationship between officers and communities. This will make policing much safer for civilians and officers alike. Finally, there has to be a serious legislative effort to reform the justice system. I will get back to you when I have a more specific answer on how to exactly do that, but a good start would be reforming sentencing so that similar offenses carry similar penalties.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment. I dont agree with what the Cop did to Floyd, but I understand it. Cops that work in the rough areas of town deal with a lot of crap, 24/7/365.
They are hated by those that don't respect the law. They are called names, spit on in altercations, and have to deal with all types of scum and villainy on a daily basis.
I wouldn't make a good cop. I have a volatile temper when provoked, and I would end up stepping on some necks. The color of those necks wouldn't matter. I don't judge anyone based on color, only by their actions, and deeds. If Floyd was Caucasian , it probably wouldn't even make the news. Thank the race baiters for current affairs.
The so called "protesting" has nothing to do with Floyd. It is an opportunity for the riff raff, anarchists, and pro agitators, to lash out and advance an agenda, or to simply steal what isn't theirs. An utter disregard for law, and civility.

Inept, Mayor's, Governor's, and the lamestream media, are just as guilty for using chaos and destruction to advance a political agenda.

I skip around in this thread maybe someone mentioned it? But if Trump officially labels ANTIFA a terrorist organization, what happens to store owners? Since 9/11 alot of clauses have been added to insurance policies including acts of terrorism as some of "not covered" in the policy? Are these people out and possibly loose everything?

Absolutely!!!
101691448_560483264661076_529641481313452032_o.jpg

In the rest of the world we have a discussion about how it's terrible that this violence has occured because of this cop. There is no distinction between those that protest and those that cause violence. It is assumed violence would accompany these protesters. That, my friends, is a racist assumption in the motivations and actions of the black community.

If you believe this violence is occurring because of the actions of "this cop" are truly missing the reality of what is occurring here. This current round of violence insurrections are nothing more than the latest convenient excuse for opportunistic criminals and anarchists to run wild. Any suggestion otherwise is an insult to the intelligence of the rest of us who respect humanity, and posses the self-control to obey the law. I'm not sure what your qualifications are for speaking on behalf of the black community as to what they may or may not interpret as racist? Nevertheless, if it is assumed by anyone that violence will accompany these protests, that is not a racist assumption. It is a very plausible assumption that anyone with eyes, ears, and an ounce of common sense can see that is exactly what is occurring in every single instance.

I have yet to see what the media loves to propagandize as "peaceful protests" occur. What I am seeing in every single one of these so-called "peaceful, legal demonstrations" are roving mobs comprised of every race and gender. They are completely ignoring curfews, blocking public streets, crossing barriers, verbally & physically taunting law enforcement. These "protesters" are supposed to be bound the the same rule of law that applies to everyone else, and if they cannot control the participants among them who are inciting or committing violence, than they should have the personal accountability to disperse and remove themselves from any doubt. Any less actions or behavior is aiding and abetting a crime. There are plenty of ways to incite a riot other than throwing a brick. It's despicable that the laws of peaceful assembly which normally apply to everyone else in any other circumstance, are being set aside for the politicization of this entire situation by those too weak or unwilling to enforce the laws that are supposed to keep the very insurrections we are seeing from occurring in the first place.

Oh...and if the Leftists would quit race baiting, and using it as a political weapon, racism could heal itself over time.
There is a lot to this. The use of the issues to score political points is probably one of the bigger problems we are having in this discussion.

I strongly encourage everyone following this thread to take the full 26 minutes to watch this video. In my opinion, it is the most honest, and accountable perspective I have heard so far as to what is truly happening in America right now. Regardless of your particular political ideologies, I challenge you to watch objectively. I think everyone who watches will come away with a clearer personal perspective.

And, please, do not dismiss this assuming it is going to be a conservative, Pro-Trump propaganda monologue because the narrator is Tucker Carlson or the news outlet is Fox. You would be wrong to assume that in this case. Carlson holds all involved accountable in his assessment of the current situation.

I skip around in this thread maybe someone mentioned it? But if Trump officially labels ANTIFA a terrorist organization, what happens to store owners? Since 9/11 alot of clauses have been added to insurance policies including acts of terrorism as some of "not covered" in the policy? Are these people out and possibly loose everything?

I am not involved in risk management, so take this for what you want. Most policies already have clauses that deal with rioting and social unrest so damage to business would probably be excluded already.

By labeling ANTIFA as a terrorist organization, Trump may actually be opening those business up to receiving money from the Federal Government like happened on 9/11. I could be wrong but after 9/11, I think victims families from the Oklahoma City bombing were compensated. There is at least predicate with the 9/11 victims families.

What or who is this in reference to?

Basically, the whole situation.

I tire of the revisionist history of events, inferred motives and actions having occurred from present to several hundred years ago.

I tire of self-impressed personalities the preach implementation of do-gooder policies that do no good.

I tire of racist organizations claiming that their adversaries are racist.

In short, I tire of knowledge being called ignorance, or conflict being called peace, and darkness being called light.

Basically, the whole situation.

I tire of the revisionist history of events, inferred motives and actions having occurred from present to several hundred years ago.

I tire of self-impressed personalities the preach implementation of do-gooder policies that do no good.

I tire of racist organizations claiming that their adversaries are racist.

In short, I tire of knowledge being called ignorance, or conflict being called peace, and darkness being called light.

I cannot disagree with any of that....and frankly feel the same.

Every time I try to find truth, I am reminded of that famous question from one Pontius Pilate. "What is truth"?

I am the only one of my friends who seems become more libertarian the older I get. If this current situation teaches us anything, it should be that the current system cannot be trusted to uphold equal protections under the Constitution. We have abdicated too much power to the government. I fully acknowledge that minority communities face systemic oppression and that is because we have given the government the authority to do so. There is no reforming this system. You can give the government your entire paycheck and nothing will change. The only solution is to push government out of our lives and return the power to the people. Allow communities to use their own resources to build themselves up. Instead of rioting and looting in minority neighborhoods, I want to see every protester peacefully march through the streets while (legally) open carrying firearms. Make it clear that the people are taking back their communities and will not tolerate any infringement on our Constitutional rights. Remind the communists, fascists, and would-be dictators in our government that they still need to fear the people.

Foxi,
I personally see the "symbolism" of not wearing a mask as a defiant move. If I can explain, The American Freedom... The government may suggest you do something, but you still have the freedom not to. An "order" from the govenor is not a law, what the WHO suggests, is not a law, if it's not a law then no law has been broken. It is the individual's CHOICE whether or not to do something within or outside of the order. Just the same as an individual's CHOICE to obey an established law or to break it. My line of work has not changed much since the beer flu started. I really didn't get to close (physically) with people anyway, so I CHOSE not to wear a mask. We limited our time at market and have been eating a lot of wildlife and fish, started a garden, that kind of crap. If anything it has taught my family to become more self sufficient. So, bash President Trump if you like, 1st amendment here in the US, but you honestly have no reason too.

Last edited:
A couple of excerpts from the MPD policy manual.

View attachment 351062 View attachment 351063

This set of amended charges seems to be consistent.

"The three other former police officers involved along with Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd have each been charged with aiding and abetting his killing.

Tou Thao, 34, of Coon Rapids; J. Alexander Kueng, 26, of Plymouth; and Thomas Lake, 37, of St. Paul, have each been charged with aiding and abetting 2nd-degree murder and aiding and abetting 2nd-degree manslaughter in the May 25 killing of the 46-year-old Floyd.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension says that the trio are in the process of being taken into custody.

It comes on the same day that Chauvin, whose knee was on Floyd's neck for almost nine minutes during the incident, saw his murder charges elevated from 3rd-degree to 2nd-degree by Attorney General Keith Ellison. He remains charged with 3rd-degree murder too.

Per the charging documents, the maximum sentence for aiding and abetting 2nd-degree murder is 40 years imprisonment, while for aiding and abetting 2nd-degree manslaughter it is 10 years.

The criminal complaint states that Chauvin continued to hold his knee against Floyd's neck even after he was unresponsive, and even after Kueng couldn't find a pulse on him."

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...h-aiding-abetting-the-killing-of-george-floyd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg