Pole Barn Trophy Room

they work very well. i keep both on economy setting of 73 degrees and maintains around a $22 dollar a month power bill. It'll go up this summer with entertaining etc but im very impressed. Ill get the exact unit specs this evening when im home. I did install a 60 inch ceiling fan which fan helps.

Pardon the mess but you can get an idea of the mini split setup as well as the construction alternative to the pole barn. The other one is sort of at the other end of the build blowing 90 into

20200508_172120.jpg

Looks great! Appreciate the info. I ask so many questions because I’m having the shell built by a contractor and doing the interior build myself.

just an after thought but the only downside ive seen to the mini splits that i have is they have a fine screen filter on top of the unit. The one in the picture needs cleaned weekly which involves a ladder, but as i mentioned is still under construction. the other one is away from the entrances and can be cleaned about every 3 weeks without a ladder. When totally finished i can clean monthly.

Thats what i did as well as my rough carpentry skills are horrific. And its no problem as i have been asking the same questions for about 2 years now myself. Im happy to help any way i can.

I have two of the 22,500 BTU units and they work fine in a 60x40 building in South Texas in 100 degree plus weather. The are heat pumps but that part doesn't get a lot of use in South Texas.

I think this may be a repeat but here is a pic of mine... I went a different route with mortised and tenoned post and beam 8x8 custom ordered from a sawmill. Skin is 26 Ga metal with 2" of closed cell foam, over that 3/4 inch tongue and groove cedar. Plenty to hang trophies on. In my case I went forced air a/c and heat pump because I sometimes have 30 -40 people in there and with the door opening/closing the mini splits wouldn't keep up. I think for most applications the mini splits are perfect. Taller wall are the cheapest space you will get (walls cost less than floors and ceilings) plus large trophies need height.
DSC00899.JPG

You can ignore the goofy guy in the front.
All in (at the time) I have less than $50k in it including cabinets, loft and bathroom

060E8CC5-F3AA-446E-A891-DEA809E96C28.jpeg
A3A38D8B-7002-4A73-BB21-C9D0A4361774.jpeg
9CB29444-63DD-4A13-AE21-1CFFFCA953A8.jpeg

Jim’s building from the outside and and elephant he did inside.

I think this may be a repeat but here is a pic of mine... I went a different route with mortised and tenoned post and beam 8x8 custom ordered from a sawmill. Skin is 26 Ga metal with 2" of closed cell foam, over that 3/4 inch tongue and groove cedar. Plenty to hang trophies on. In my case I went forced air a/c and heat pump because I sometimes have 30 -40 people in there and with the door opening/closing the mini splits wouldn't keep up. I think for most applications the mini splits are perfect. Taller wall are the cheapest space you will get (walls cost less than floors and ceilings) plus large trophies need height.View attachment 352495

All in (at the time) I have less than $50k in it including cabinets, loft and bathroom

Any pictures of the finished building sir!

Holy s%$t, thats a heavenly place

Your room looks great too... Mine has been done several years now so I've had more time to fill it up. My 7 yr old grandsons are just starting to want to sleep in the loft when they are over. Feels like camping without the humidity and mosquitoes.

What about windows? I’m leaning towards no windows. Prefer track lighting for the critters and can lights on dim switches for overall lighting.

i utilized one large window and a small window but the french doors and entry doors have internal blinds. The location is have is a beautiful spot surrounded by pond, creek, fruit trees and food plots, yes alterior motives are at hand. We think alike as also i have 2 large sets of LED track lighting and i believe 14 recessed lights of which all are on dimable switches.

@K-man , awesome looking building! Question for you: The sliding barn doors, is there another set of doors under them, that are more air and vermin tight?

Reactions: BWH
@K-man , awesome looking building! Question for you: The sliding barn doors, is there another set of doors under them, that are more air and vermin tight?
Yes the inner door is a triple folding door 8 foot tall and 9 foot wide that opens fully. Handy for large groups or for that REALLY BIG trophy (hint-elephant ) I have moved trophies in before with my forklift or backed up a trailer into the room.
The exterior doors keep the building incognito and secure without too much sun/wind/rain getting on that large glass.

I think this may be a repeat but here is a pic of mine... I went a different route with mortised and tenoned post and beam 8x8 custom ordered from a sawmill. Skin is 26 Ga metal with 2" of closed cell foam, over that 3/4 inch tongue and groove cedar. Plenty to hang trophies on. In my case I went forced air a/c and heat pump because I sometimes have 30 -40 people in there and with the door opening/closing the mini splits wouldn't keep up. I think for most applications the mini splits are perfect. Taller wall are the cheapest space you will get (walls cost less than floors and ceilings) plus large trophies need height.View attachment 352495

You are doing great to get a post and beam building that size for that price!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,