Plains game by relive starting to be done

Nice looks like they made a clay sculpture and molded it for future use.

What baffles me is that I don't see any gas lines run the mouth or nose areas yet though? Since there is no home gas heating in Africa, Paul must be waiting on some high pressure hose so he can get some real BTUs pumping. No cheap plastic lines in his shop. :D

Funny guy you are. LOL I am sure if I want flames paul would figure a way to make it happen. I think maybe royal told him that would not be a good idea though as I might burn my house down.

I am not sure how they molded this one but they start from scratch after he was so unhappy with the stock form. I must say I have never seen someone go so far out of there way to make a client happy. Even when I am happy he takes it to the next level to go past what I would be ok with.

I think maybe royal told him that would not be a good idea though as I might burn my house down.

scares me to death to think of you showing up at my house with a suitcase!!! :A Banana Sad:

Funny guy you are. LOL I am sure if I want flames paul would figure a way to make it happen. I think maybe royal told him that would not be a good idea though as I might burn my house down.

I am not sure how they molded this one but they start from scratch after he was so unhappy with the stock form. I must say I have never seen someone go so far out of there way to make a client happy. Even when I am happy he takes it to the next level to go past what I would be ok with.

Size and rough shape blocked out in foam. Oil base clay applied and sculpted to actual dimensions and anatomy. 3 piece (in this case) fiberglass mold made over the sculpture (each section following the drawn lines on the sculpture and evidenced as seam lines on the finished foam head. Allow to cure then remove fiberglass mold from sculpture. Apply plenty of release agent (or have a real bad day lol). Assemble mold pieces. Then pour polyurethane foam into the cavity to rise and cure (get the mono amono). De-mold and viola, Giraffe head. Sounds simple but lots of time and work involved.

The real upside for him is now he has a mold that he can use on all his giraffe mounts without spending a bunch of time fixing the problems of the commercial heads that come on the forms.

so what I have learn in the last two post is. #1 royal will open his door if I need a place to live with opened arms.
#2 making that giraffe head for scratch was no big deal. Yeah right. That is a lot of steps and paul went all out to make it right. I hope he can use all the headaches I have given him to help other clients down the road. I am glad a bunch of others from here are giving him there business to I think he has earned it.

so what I have learn in the last two post is. #1 royal will open his door if I need a place to live with opened arms.

Getting me to let you in is easy. Getting Nancy to let you in is the hard part!

Somehow though, she actually likes you. :)

I'm really getting excited about seeing this giraffe when it is done though. It is looking like it is going to stack up well against the lion even!

I would like to see you on a porcupine hunt that could be some good video

All I know is, when it comes time for me to train for a buff hunt, I am going to hire Bill to teach me how to remain cool under fire!

All I know is, when it comes time for me to train for a buff hunt, I am going to hire Bill to teach me how to remain cool under fire!

I can not help you with getting ready for them buff but you decide to add a giraffe I can help. Takes some hard core stuff to look a mean giraffe in the eyes.

That good to hear dave I am sure your looking forward to getting your stuff home.

Takes some hard core stuff to look a mean giraffe in the eyes.

Still shot taken from bill's training video....

201375-stilts1.jpg

Attachments

• 201375-stilts1.jpg
    201375-stilts1.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 116
OMG. I wish that was my post! Too funny...

Why would you want to dig a hole like royal is digging for himself. LOL I need to have a long talk with paul about a few guys trophys that are at his shop now, Really need to help with some ideas for all of them.:whistle:;)

new picture of skin starting to be put on form. Lots of work ahead on this giraffe.

IMG_0742.jpg

Looks real good Bill. Too much mount for my trophy room at the moment that's for sure.

Looks real good Bill. Too much mount for my trophy room at the moment that's for sure.

I am building the room around the mounts.
Paul was hoping for more hide to make the mount bigger but I had it skinned short and only want to show from the beginning of the shoulders and the neck. I want to make sure I had the hide I need to make my chairs.

I am building the room around the mounts.
Paul was hoping for more hide to make the mount bigger but I had it skinned short and only want to show from the beginning of the shoulders and the neck. I want to make sure I had the hide I need to make my chairs.

Looks like you had just enough. I like the short shoulder on a Giraffe, it seems to complement the vertical presentation without messing with the natural lines and upward flow of the neck.

So to be quite candid after I saw the last pictures that Bill put up of the Giraffe I didn't think they were as good as good as I expected, especially around the mouth..... I'm not shy and sent Paul a message and let him know that I thought he could do better. That he just hadn't captured the essence of this particular Giraffe.

I will give Paul full credit. He took my criticism of his work quite well and promised to make improvements. I just received some pictures from him and I think he has truly gone above and beyond. This is the kind of work that I know Bill was expecting to see!!!!

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

A couple more views!

IMG_0749.jpg
IMG_0750.jpg

Was that the sub Limpopo Fighting Giraffe you shot in Alldays with Peter, Bill, I thought they were extinct?
The females were Pink in color from what I believe.

Bill

For the record, I had nothing to do with this Saber-Tooth Giraffe.

All hatred and mean-spirited revenge should be directed to Royal and his trophies.

Your pal and ammo loader,

Tim the Innocent

OH the fun you guys get to have because of me. Bossie I got the last one known to be roaming SA.

Royal why you want to drag paul in to this I dont know but he seems way to welling to help you out. I for sure must have a long talk with soon.

Tim I almost believed your post but for some reason I could only picture you laughing your ass off seeing these picture.

Those are some good pictures though. I just got the real one I will post

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you