Pith helmets...

Im not sure I understand why you guys are making fun. I dressed in high boots and jodphurs for my last safari, OH and a kilt on some days. Its my F-ing hunt! My wife and I are hunting lion in September and we're taking pith helmets!

Ive spent my share of time in ghillie suits and face paint. Now I dress like I want in the field, some days its tweeds and breeches with knee high laced boots. If Im black powder hunting, chances are Im wearing a 18th century pattern "Rifleman's shirt". On my last drive hunt for Wild Boar, I wore an orange top hat
A6601-Top-Hat-Orange-large.jpg
 

Attachments

  • A6601-Top-Hat-Orange-large.jpg
    A6601-Top-Hat-Orange-large.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 311
Last edited by a moderator:
I do admire the Orange top hat for the driven boar hunt. Pretty smart.
I'm not too sure about wearing the kilt hunting in Africa. Ok,Gordon Cummings did it but the thought off all those thorns puts me off
image.jpeg
 
i like the idea we just need a good looking and practical Pith Helmet .. they make for great photos


Shot Shot
 
The pith helmet, that's just bully. But the kilts, too close to a skirt for me. LOL
 
#bringbackthepithhelmet
 
I actually have no idea what the hash tag does but the kids seem to think it's a big deal (n):ROFLMAO:
 
upload_2016-7-21_15-37-58.png

Hahahaha that was a wet hunt! It poured and didn't stop until we were done. Yes we sounded the hunting horn after the hunt to celebrate the successful results

upload_2016-7-21_15-39-15.png

That was my Afrika prep. I did a lot of hiking (minus the rifle) to break in the boots and proof test the rest of the gear. The breeches and shirt and hat are Rough Rider / Cuban period repros
 
Last edited:
...OK, so maybe the pith helmet won't look so bad ;)
 
So what is a Coke other than the drinking kind?
 
I have one in my den for decoration. Of course, I don it for rifle practice with snap caps. I just can’t imagine wearing one in Africa. They’re really heavy. On the other hand, nothing says “I’ve come to take over your country” quite like a pith helmet!
 
Not sure if I’ll bring it to Africa,but I gotta have one.
I have one in my den for decoration. Of course, I don it for rifle practice with snap caps. I just can’t imagine wearing one in Africa. They’re really heavy. On the other hand, nothing says “I’ve come to take over your country” quite like a pith helmet!
 
You mean, like this one?

EB13C8BA-BF73-4538-A2A3-F8C29D749700.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have one in my den for decoration. Of course, I don it for rifle practice with snap caps. I just can’t imagine wearing one in Africa. They’re really heavy. On the other hand, nothing says “I’ve come to take over your country” quite like a pith helmet!
Decoration? I heard you wore it when entertaining your spouse. I’m not sure who told me that.
 
I would wear one, I wore shorts in South Africa trying to fit and be traditional. I don't think my tracker had ever seen legs so white.

@Kevin Peacocke can you help the op with his question?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,409
Members
169,354
Latest member
MarionMcCl
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top