Pistol Reccomendation?

Nice!

But I had enough trouble finding a gun shop who were willing to sell me a middle of the road gun on a temp visitor's permit (even if it's entirely legal). That... might be a step too far.

Still, if I wanna go full Team America then maybe a green card next year, then CCW license after that. As it turns out, I can't carry as a 'legal non-resident alien' anyway.
Alistair, after reading this thread! Welcome to America! Enjoy your stay here, could it become permanent? The Beretta has a great reputation & is easy to shoot, congratulations. The only real suggestion I can make is, I’d stay away from any military “steel” cased ammo, no matter how appealing the price. Keep us posted on your progress.
good shooting & welcome!
 
Alistair, after reading this thread! Welcome to America! Enjoy your stay here, could it become permanent? The Beretta has a great reputation & is easy to shoot, congratulations. The only real suggestion I can make is, I’d stay away from any military “steel” cased ammo, no matter how appealing the price. Keep us posted on your progress.
good shooting & welcome!
Thanks and yes, I've enough experience with milsurp of all kinds that I won't use it in any gun that I care about.

The move is open ended. I've got 3 years on the visa, 3 more as a renewal option then a decision is to be made around green card. The company will sponsor me which helps.

So far, I like America and I expect I might stay. I'll be buying a house next winter and most of my stuff is here now, so unless I get a better job offer elsewhere I don't expect to leave any time soon!

Al
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,370
Messages
1,574,380
Members
170,028
Latest member
UteBzb1171
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top