Pig Cull Australia

Aussie_Hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Just a few bits and pieces of GoPro footage I threw together of the last cull I did out west. Not a personal best for me but still 104 pigs in 4 days is not bad.

Also please ignore some of my shooting form in this footage, the dust out west gets that bad it's just impossible to keep the action on your rifle clean all day, no matter what you do the bolt just gets sticky and a lot of the time it's easier to bring the rifle down off your shoulder to work the bolt. Definitely not the most efficient and quickest way of reloading but hey that's just what happens when you are out hunting sometimes and you have to adapt to the conditions.

Rifle used is my Ruger Guide gun chambered in 30-06 with a Leupold VX1 2-7 scope and the majority of the ammo used is 180grn Federal Fusion

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few bits and pieces of GoPro footage I threw together of the last cull I did out west. Not a personal best for me but still 104 pigs in 4 days is not bad.

Also please ignore some of my shooting form in this footage, the dust out west gets that bad it's just impossible to keep the action on your rifle clean all day, no matter what you do the bolt just gets sticky and a lot of the time it's easier to bring the rifle down off your shoulder to work the bolt. Definitely not the most efficient and quickest way of reloading but hey that's just what happens when you are out hunting sometimes and you have to adapt to the conditions.

Rifle used is my Ruger Guide gun chambered in 30-06 with a Leupold VX1 2-7 scope and the majority of the ammo used is 180grn Federal Fusion

Very cool! A LOT of shooting!

Excellent

Congrats, thanks for sharing!

Got to love shooting pigs! Cool video

What did you use to video? The clarity is excellent.
looks like it was a productive hunt!

Just curious, what happens to all of the meat? That was a lot of "Breakfast Sausage."

Was this a cull on a private farm / "station?"

What did you use to video? The clarity is excellent.
looks like it was a productive hunt!
haha really? I didn't think the clarity was that good at all, I'm just using a basic Gopro hero sessions.

Just curious, what happens to all of the meat? That was a lot of "Breakfast Sausage."

Was this a cull on a private farm / "station?"
The only wild pigs I consider eating in Australia are pigs I have shot on crops, you wouldn't want to eat these diseased mangy things you see in this video! The dingoes are happy to eat them though. Yeah private property.

Good point - wild pigs may have fed on indexes carrion. May have tapeworms etc.
I’ll no longer touch wild pigs with my bare hands. Pigs are great carriers of brucellosis and believe me you won’t want to catch that.

Aussie Hunter
Looks likea fun mate good shoot'n there young fella
Now days at my age I can't run far enough to get out of sight on a,dark night, hell I don't even look at expiry dates on products I buy I just hope to last long enough to eat it.
It's good to see you are running around the bush. Youth is a wonderful thing.
Just hurry up and and get to Africa mate. Namibia is good bang for your money
Cheers mate Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois