Picked up my first Pronghorn today

MAdcox

AH elite
Joined
Aug 15, 2017
Messages
1,114
Reaction score
2,921
Location
Oklahoma, USA
Media
139
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape), Namibia, Zambia
@BJONES found us a DIY Pronghorn hunt last year since we lost our Africa trip. It was both of ours first Pronghorn hunt and might have turned us both into addicts. We both got the call today that our taxidermist had our bucks ready.
I couldn’t be more happy with the way mine turned out!
BA79575B-80CF-4156-BD54-C2A01A70829D.jpeg
2506A746-9ACB-4260-A118-A8194687E7F8.jpeg
004408BA-855B-4FFF-9A51-863FA7D266C7.jpeg
 
Congratulations, nice, I tried bow hunting them with my longbow quite a few years ago, had a lot of fun but never got close enough for a shot
 
Looking good! Congrats!
 
That is a nice one! I took one in Montana on a DIY hunt, about like yours, but not as handsome.
 
Very nice!
 
Great bucks
 
Very nice goats...........big black face and good prongs.....................'grats...........................FWB
 
That’s one of the nicest mounts I’ve seen. Nice goat
 
Congratulations, nice, I tried bow hunting them with my longbow quite a few years ago, had a lot of fun but never got close enough for a shot
That would definitely be a challenge where we hunted. Wide open country. Great fun spotting and stalking.
 
That’s one of the nicest mounts I’ve seen. Nice goat
Thank you. My taxidermist says it is one of his favorite animals to mount.being in Oklahoma, his work is 99% Whitetail. He said he loves setting up these guys. He does a great job.
 
That’s a nice looking buck!!! Congrats.
 
Beautiful!! This is a hunt I really want to do
 
Nice!! I hear they have a hollow hair structure, I believe it is for temperature regulation, the Gemsbuck and the Klipspringer in Africa also has a similar hair structure...
 
Congrats on some nice trophies.
 
Very nice, congratulations!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,344
Messages
1,573,570
Members
169,760
Latest member
hb88gdn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top