PH's & Cameras

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
26,146
Reaction score
28,943
Location
Canada
Media
419
Articles
27
Hunting reports
Africa
9
USA/Canada
2
Europe
1
After reading a few questions, as members are preparing to depart for this years hunting season, it dawned on me that some of the pictures I have really liked have actually been taken by my PH's on my hunts.

I know it has become quite common to have a videographer along on hunts. (Budding TV stars)
More likely for personal review and enjoyment later.

How many of you have brought along a spare camera or loaned one of your cameras to your PH to help document your hunt?

PH's, besides trophy pictures, do you ever carry a small digital camera and document hunts?
Send a CD of the hunt from your side.

Just wondering.


I am going to on my next trip.
 
Brickburn

I have started this over the last season and about 1 - 2 weeks after return the client receives a photo book via Apple, not only with trophy pictures but also just fun times and scenery...

People love it and it is that little extra you do that I believe sets you apart..I just like taking pictures.

My best always.
 
Jaco we have done something similar just through shutterfly ... We have templates of spesific area pictures and staff , vehicles etc and then combine our and client . They always receivea DVD with pictures but we started printing the books and have them shipped to their homes !!! we have had very good reaction from this and it is not that exspensive .... $ 50- $ 80 to make your happy sounds like cheap marketing to me !!! much cheaper to rebook an existing client than to book a new one !!!
 
Camera's

I take usually 2 to 3 cameras along. With one being a sony DVD camera combo.

This year I have a new Nikon 7100 and a small try pod I plan to take.

I plan to give a small camera to the trackers year to take pictures as he is able.

It is funny as the PH's want copies of my photos.
 
Jaco we have done something similar just through shutterfly ... We have templates of spesific area pictures and staff , vehicles etc and then combine our and client . They always receivea DVD with pictures but we started printing the books and have them shipped to their homes !!! we have had very good reaction from this and it is not that exspensive .... $ 50- $ 80 to make your happy sounds like cheap marketing to me !!! much cheaper to rebook an existing client than to book a new one !!!

True Richard the guys like it allot it is always a good conversation point when we visit in the US and wherever we travel..

My best always
 
I have some very good pics of a zebra stalk with my PH, which were taken by our tracker with my camera.

In fact this tracker took quite good pics of us.
 
Andrew Baldry in Zambia had an excellent eye for photo composition and as luck would have it, the exact same camera model as we had. We literally just let him do all the photo shoots once an animal was down.
 
Andrew Baldry in Zambia had an excellent eye for photo composition and as luck would have it, the exact same camera model as we had. We literally just let him do all the photo shoots once an animal was down.

That is fortunate. Never thought about the ability to handle the technical end of the camera really. PAS models were in my mind.

A great eye is required to have a super result.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,365
Messages
1,574,337
Members
170,011
Latest member
leosneezosol1982
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top