Pay It Forward-Free

@BRICKBURN Jerome - I read Grippers statement to reference the "someone" as whoever reported him to you for not paying it forward, not a shot at you.

But I could be wrong. Just my pennies
Just saying.....

I'm going with a +1. As I too could be wrong as well. However, As each time I read and reread and reread and reread @Grippers last paragraph; it seems to give, an although a weak but none the less a sort of, Thank You to @BRICKBURN for stepping in on this past and present matter and putting a cease to it.

I could also be wrong but I think I may have been one of the two @Grippers mentioned as recieving some of those Crown Royal bags he offered up.

I received the paracord & pen from @gprippers. One got lost on the mail. He did come through. (y)
There were repeated items claimed in 2022 and most of 2023 before he finally put items up looks like July 2023. There were a lot of deleted posts that finally caused him to put some items forward. Glad he finally did but it’s sad when someone won’t put items forward.

@BRICKBURN Jerome - I read Grippers statement to reference the "someone" as whoever reported him to you for not paying it forward, not a shot at you.

But I could be wrong. Just my pennies
The PM to me was the provocation for my loss of patience. He’s welcome back after his time out. Best not to have a repeat performance.
:A Skull:
Enjoy, your thread folks.

The PM to me was the provocation for my loss of patience. He’s welcome back after his time out. Best not to have a repeat performance.
:A Skull:
Enjoy, your thread folks.

AH.....Yes....The PM...that part wasn't clear. And....well....most everyone knows what happens when we assume things. The assumption, insinuation, perception with reference of his PM to you was/is he is asking for moderator assistance. There was nothing indicating @Grippers had sent you a derogatory PM. Thus rightfully earning him the one week time out.

Thank you for clearifying that up.

I did look for the conversation as to whom I received the Crown Royal bags from but couldn't find it in my conversations to confirm or correct who I received the bags from.

I did find a couple of previous conversations Grippers and I had regarding a Ruger Model 77/22, 22 Hornet that I had listed in the Classified section on AH that was on consignment to me. Since there didn't seem to be much interest in the rifle, I very reluctantly gave into temptations and now own this and several other former consignment rifles that are in calibers I have always been fascinated with.

AH.....Yes....The PM...that part wasn't clear. And....well....most everyone knows what happens when we assume things. The assumption, insinuation, perception with reference of his PM to you was/is he is asking for moderator assistance. There was nothing indicating @Grippers had sent you a derogatory PM. Thus rightfully earning him the one week time out.

Thank you for clearifying that up.

I did look for the conversation as to whom I received the Crown Royal bags from but couldn't find it in my conversations to confirm or correct who I received the bags from.

I did find a couple of previous conversations Grippers and I had regarding a Ruger Model 77/22, 22 Hornet that I had listed in the Classified section on AH that was on consignment to me. Since there didn't seem to be much interest in the rifle, I very reluctantly gave into temptations and now own this and several other former consignment rifles that are in calibers I have always been fascinated with.
Sounds like you are in the consignment collecting business- not very good for the bottom line, but surely makes for a happy (although poorer) man! :LOL:

Sounds like you are in the consignment collecting business- not very good for the bottom line, but surely makes for a happy (although poorer) man! :LOL:
You got that right.:ROFLMAO:
I have sold and/or traded so many beautiful firearms, (and thankfully glad to get rid of really ugly firearms), over the years. When this client came to me with all these weapons, accessories, ammunition, reloading equipment and accessories, etc., unlike previous clients, I was literally a kid in a candy store. Thankfully.....and regretfully.....the majority of the firearms were able to be sold to the client's satisfaction. Getting down to these....ok....may be...(subliminally) held back....last few firearms....plus the offer she made me I couldn't refuse buying these remaining firearms.

I have 20 rounds of once fired 300 H&H. Most are RP brass but a few others ended up in the box as well. The original ammo came from superior ammunition.
IMG_4326.jpeg

I have an old pump bb/pellet gun. It was involved in an attempted robbery at my former lake cottage when I arrived late one night and the perpetrators dropped the bb gun, gas jugs and boxes of fireworks in the wet grass and fled. The Sheriff's took it to try to lift fingerprints and had it for a while before I got it back and it has never been really properly cleaned up since then. I did shoot a chipmunk with it in the garage a few years ago but that's the last time it was used. It has some surface rust on the barrel and is plenty ugly. Basically a functional piece of junk. LOL

But if you have a kid or grandkids who would enjoy pumping and shooting it and perhaps beating it up a bit more, it's yours for the asking if in the lower 48.... and maybe I can ship farther than that just never checked into it.
20240403_094149.jpg
20240403_094159.jpg
20240403_094226.jpg

So having been the recipient of @dtec41 's kindness on paying forward some bullets from @RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION I am by honor posting up here. I've got several things that could probably use new homes that I've had set aside, so I'm just going to pop the list up.

• Allen Low Profile Shotgun Sight Kit. This is a single pack for "Most Remington 12 Gauge Guns, Benelli 12 Gauge Guns, Browning BPS guns"
  • Hawke 9-11mm Dovetail rings - 1" and 30mm
  • Leupold 55742 Sav 10/110 STD bases - $10
  • Leupold 49898 1" Low Rings
  • Blackhawk 37CL119BK "Tier Stacked Mag Pouch M4/FAL 20"
  • RCBS Beam Scale - Missing it's pan but otherwise appears new
  • UTG Blank Firing Adapter
  • Lee Auto-Prime (circle style)
  • Butler Creek LULA AK47/Galil Item 24216 loader for 7.62/5.56 mags
I don't really have pictures of any of it, but I can grab some if needed. All of it except the RCBS Scale and the Lee Auto-Prime.

So having been the recipient of @dtec41 's kindness on paying forward some bullets from @RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION I am by honor posting up here. I've got several things that could probably use new homes that I've had set aside, so I'm just going to pop the list up.

• Allen Low Profile Shotgun Sight Kit. This is a single pack for "Most Remington 12 Gauge Guns, Benelli 12 Gauge Guns, Browning BPS guns"
  • Hawke 9-11mm Dovetail rings - 1" and 30mm
  • Leupold 55742 Sav 10/110 STD bases - $10
  • Leupold 49898 1" Low Rings
  • Blackhawk 37CL119BK "Tier Stacked Mag Pouch M4/FAL 20"
  • RCBS Beam Scale - Missing it's pan but otherwise appears new
  • UTG Blank Firing Adapter
  • Lee Auto-Prime (circle style)
  • Butler Creek LULA AK47/Galil Item 24216 loader for 7.62/5.56 mags
I don't really have pictures of any of it, but I can grab some if needed. All of it except the RCBS Scale and the Lee Auto-Prime.
Since I can't edit --- ignore the $10 on the 10/110 bases, that doesn't apply here!

I could use that RCBS scale and the Lee Auto Prime. Getting my son set up to load & those are 2 of the missing needs.
Since I can't edit --- ignore the $10 on the 10/110 bases, that doesn't apply here!

Sure, PM me where to send and I'll pack it up!
PM sent.

I'll try to get something posted tomorrow. Fixing to leave town on Sunday for over a month, so please be patient if it gets delayed.

I'll take the Leupold 49898 rings. Will get something posted later today. I sent you a private message with my shipping details.

Paying forward for the rings. I posted these broadheads some time ago but they were never claimed. I found another pack so now I'm putting up both. Total of 12 new broadheadds. Also posting up a book on African hunting and a front sight.

HeUlDj0.jpg
kiMufRN.jpg
EWzObMN Large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rez Exelon,

Just curious, wanting to know your personal experience as I might be interested in your Hawke 30mm rings.

Did you have the Hawke rings mounted on any rifle? If so what caliber? How would you compare them to Warne mounts and rings?

I saw the Hawke brand for the first time yesterday at a somewhat LGS. They look to be as good as Warne at a 1/3 of the price. The set I was looking at seemed to be a bit narrower than the Warnes which would allow me more eye relief on my scope that is mounted on my 458WM.

RR

Should be a little over 300 of these Remington .224 45gr HP in this bag.
From my use & my formers boss, these don't like extreme velocity. In his 220 Swift at 4000fps, they often didn't find paper at 100yards. In my 14" TC at 2850-2900, they gave me 1/2" groups consistently. In my 23" barrel, the same load at 3400, the groups run a shade over an inch. Keep them down around 3000fps, accuracy and terminal performance on prairie dogs and coyotes is fantastic.

1712428629909.jpeg

Should be a little over 300 of these Remington .224 45gr HP in this bag.
From my use & my formers boss, these don't like extreme velocity. In his 220 Swift at 4000fps, they often didn't find paper at 100yards. In my 14" TC at 2850-2900, they gave me 1/2" groups consistently. In my 23" barrel, the same load at 3400, the groups run a shade over an inch. Keep them down around 3000fps, accuracy and terminal performance on prairie dogs and coyotes is fantastic.

View attachment 597693
I'll take them.
PM sent.

How bad did these bullets tear up the prairie dogs? I'll be using them primarily for coyotes.

I am wondering about using them in RSA on the smaller cats and still being able to have full body mounts done.

Thanks for the ballistic info. I plan to reload them in my 22 Hornet with velocities ranges of 2200 to 2350 fps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesDet

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.