Pay It Forward-Free

View attachment 787604
I’m putting this up for the cause. I don’t know exactly what it is but someone here must need one?

John

I believe it is used to compress black powder in cartridges. I also think it might be missing the stem. This is what I found at Midway USA. I hope this helps someone.

  • Compression dies are used to compress the black powder in the cartridge case to a consistent depth.
  • The die body has standard 7/8 x 14 thread to fit into any single stage reloading press.
  • The stem threads into the center of the die body and is secured with a nut on the threads that bears against the top of the die body. Stem threads are not calibrated or otherwise marked.
  • Compression die with stem is the body with one stem that is caliber specific.
  • The stem (only) can then be purchased in additional calibers or gauges for use in the die body.
  • If stem setting in body must be maintained exactly, then multiple die bodies would be needed, one for each stem.
  • Shotgun stems are not sold with a die body and must be purchased as an accessory to a body with stem.
  • Montana Precision recommends that a compression die be used for black powder cartridge reloading and that a bullet seater should not be used because it can deform the bullet. Instead, the bullet should be seated into the cartridge with finger pressure only.
 
View attachment 787604
I’m putting this up for the cause. I don’t know exactly what it is but someone here must need one?

John
It’s a black powder compression die. Blackpowder needs to be compressed. You can compress the powder when seating the bullet, but you run a risk of deforming the base of the lead bullet when doing so. This die eliminates this risk. The caliber should be marked somewhere on the die. It should be marked 38, 44,45, or 50. I’ve never used one, but know some guys that do.
 
I believe it is used to compress black powder in cartridges. I also think it might be missing the stem. This is what I found at Midway USA. I hope this helps someone.

  • Compression dies are used to compress the black powder in the cartridge case to a consistent depth.
  • The die body has standard 7/8 x 14 thread to fit into any single stage reloading press.
  • The stem threads into the center of the die body and is secured with a nut on the threads that bears against the top of the die body. Stem threads are not calibrated or otherwise marked.
  • Compression die with stem is the body with one stem that is caliber specific.
  • The stem (only) can then be purchased in additional calibers or gauges for use in the die body.
  • If stem setting in body must be maintained exactly, then multiple die bodies would be needed, one for each stem.
  • Shotgun stems are not sold with a die body and must be purchased as an accessory to a body with stem.
  • Montana Precision recommends that a compression die be used for black powder cartridge reloading and that a bullet seater should not be used because it can deform the bullet. Instead, the bullet should be seated into the cartridge with finger pressure only.
Didn’t see this until after I posted tmy above comment. Should’ve read all the comments before I posted. :confused:
 
In response to AZDave's generous offer of the .22 scopes, I am putting up this unopened box of 100 Sierra Varminter .257 bullets. They are 87 grain spitzers. US only please.
 

Attachments

  • Bullets 1.jpeg
    Bullets 1.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Bullets 2.jpeg
    Bullets 2.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 51
I have a Caldwell Lead Sled that's been taking up space. Now I can add rusting to that list—it got moved to the garage, and Houston humidity is unforgiving.

I'd prefer not to ship it since it’s heavy and awkward. If anyone is near Houston, it’s yours!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9903.jpeg
    IMG_9903.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9902.jpeg
    IMG_9902.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 60
I have a Caldwell Lead Sled that's been taking up space. Now I can add rusting to that list—it got moved to the garage, and Houston humidity is unforgiving.

I'd prefer not to ship it since it’s heavy and awkward. If anyone is near Houston, it’s yours!
Wow! That's a great item. Kudos on your generosity Sir.
 
I'd love the lead sled but won't be down there until December. If you can wait that long, I'd love it. Totally understand if you would prefer not to.
 
I'd love the lead sled but won't be down there until December. If you can wait that long, I'd love it. Totally understand if you would prefer not to.
I’ve lugged this thing around for years, what’s another couple months?! Give me a heads up when you will be in the area
 
I’ve got twenty Hammer Bullets 140gr absolute hammer bullets. They are .284 diameter and were pulled. I’ll ship them to anyone that wants them. It would be enough to test them out in your favorite 7mm rifle.
image.jpg
 
I’ve lugged this thing around for years, what’s another couple months?! Give me a heads up when you will be in the area
Thank you sir. I'm out of town on vacation but will post some things when I get back to Fort Worth.
 
I am putting this Lee 375 H&H Collet Neck Sizing Die up in response to @Elkeater Hammer 284 Bullets. Works great, I just don’t need 3 of them.
Continental USA only please.
 

Attachments

  • 20260901_135023.jpg
    20260901_135023.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,863
Members
169,451
Latest member
Nickjohniu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top