Panama Recommendations?

mdwest

AH ambassador
Joined
Mar 20, 2016
Messages
10,461
Reaction score
59,403
Location
DFW
Media
55
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
7
Mex/S.Amer
1
Europe
2
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
DSC Life Member, SCI, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru, New Zealand, Croatia
Ill be spending a few days in Panama in November on business.. Ive spent a good bit of time in Panama over the years, starting in the early 1990's.. but the last trip I made to the country was around 2018.. and Ive never hunted or fished there (always in Panama for work, with no down time on previous trips)...

Doing a little googling, it looks like some hunting is legal in Panama.. but Im not finding any outfitters offering services.. googling fishing options reveals numerous inland and offshore opportunities..

Has anyone on AH hunted or fished Panama in recent years? any recommendations?

I'll likely only have time for a day trip of some sort.. Im not looking for a multi day hunt or angling adventure.. just a 4-8 hour outing..

Thanks!
 
Ill be spending a few days in Panama in November on business.. Ive spent a good bit of time in Panama over the years, starting in the early 1990's.. but the last trip I made to the country was around 2018.. and Ive never hunted or fished there (always in Panama for work, with no down time on previous trips)...

Doing a little googling, it looks like some hunting is legal in Panama.. but Im not finding any outfitters offering services.. googling fishing options reveals numerous inland and offshore opportunities..

Has anyone on AH hunted or fished Panama in recent years? any recommendations?

I'll likely only have time for a day trip of some sort.. Im not looking for a multi day hunt or angling adventure.. just a 4-8 hour outing..

Thanks!
IIRC @adzhoo lives in Panama. He may be able to help
 
Been many moons ago but on the Pacific side, I used to fish off the mine dock. I don't know if it's even still there. We used live shrimp for bait. Another option is to hook up with someone in Gamboa for peacock bass in Lake Gatun.
 
What fishing are you interested in ? I live in Panama now. There is some real high end options but also very affoedable off shore fishing. November is one of the heavier rainy months and also most of the first 10 days are holidays. I have not seen much for hunting at all here. Most hunting done by the Indegenous.
 
We were thinking inshore at lake gatun… probably a party of 5-7… but if there’s an affordable offshore option we’d be open to that too…
 
I spent a couple days fishing the Panama Canal/Lake Gatun for Peacock bass last year as part of my trip to Tropic Star Lodge. I highly recommend against it. If fishing i’d focus on going offshore.
 
We were thinking inshore at lake gatun… probably a party of 5-7… but if there’s an affordable offshore option we’d be open to that too…
Oprions inshore Roosterfish , Snapper and Jacks. Off shore Dorado Sailfish and Marlin. $600 to $1600 a day depending which trip you choose and what boat. The cheaper ones are Panga boats . Off shore 30 ft vessel for Marlin etc
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,263
Messages
1,570,952
Members
169,204
Latest member
CaroleBraz
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top