Overpriced Reloading Components?

jpr9954

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.onlygunsandmoney.com
Member of
NRA, SAF
I may be wrong, but I've always used a #2 for 30-06 sized cases. A #3 will work but it is more specifically sized for rimmed 30-30 case sizes. Either one will work for the 308/30-06 based cases but the #3 is very slightly loose so may swage over the top of the rim if the sizer withdrawl gets "sticky".

Just a thought... Also, I've got several extra #2s and I'd be happy to send you one for only the cost of shipping- but even flat rate shipping is at least a couple times the value of the shellholder! You might try Fleabay. I see several choices on there for $10-15 shipped.
Thanks for the offer. I haven't tried local gun stores yet so I'll give that a try first. I also need to look through boxes of parts (doesn't everyone have these!) to see if I might already have one.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Looking for that #3 shell holder, I tried Grafs, Cabela's, BassPro (same thing), Brownells, and Midway. I need to start searching harder for the niche sellers.
Redding will fit RCBS, Lee and Redding.

jpr9954

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.onlygunsandmoney.com
Member of
NRA, SAF
Redding will fit RCBS, Lee and Redding.
MidSouth Shooting Supply had the Redding and that is exactly what I bought.

I also went through every die set I had and ordered the appropriate shell holder if it was available regardless of brand. I don't know when I'll be loading .35 Remington but by God I'll have the shell holder for it! :)

Cleveland48

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
On the shell holders I have one for every set of dies that I purchase. I could care less if the #4 fits 3 of my die sets, I have 3 #4 shell holders. Same with the #2 for the 06. I have one in my 06 dies and one in my 25-06 dies.

On using the Rockchucker for the 416 Remington, I have learned with tall cases the finesse of being able to place the brass with the bullet partially into the die to seat the bullet or even the case neck into the die before resizing.
Yes it is a careful process with the 416 lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharissaSi

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.