Osceola

Daktari

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
288
Reaction score
512
Media
3
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
3
Hunted
US: FL, ME
My Osceola is finished! I'm very happy with how he came out and can't wait to have him home.
IMG_3111.jpeg
 
Excellent work, one of the better mounts I have seen, is the head real or artificial ?

Down here we have thousands of Wild Turkeys & Peacocks, we don't really understand the Turkey Hunting in the US, there were a lot of hunters from the US hunting here in the old days & I used to guide a few .

I do find the Peacock are especially clever .
 
My understanding is that they are freeze dried real heads!
 
Excellent work, one of the better mounts I have seen, is the head real or artificial ?

Down here we have thousands of Wild Turkeys & Peacocks, we don't really understand the Turkey Hunting in the US, there were a lot of hunters from the US hunting here in the old days & I used to guide a few .

I do find the Peacock are especially clever .
So where are you with wild turkeys and peacocks? My uncle used to keep a few peacocks around the home thing camp cabin,, but eventually the foxes, racoons, bobcats, and coyotes got them all.
 
Right now I'm in New Zealand & that's where we have all the Turkeys & a fair few Peacocks, I'm surprised the predators cleaned up your Uncles birds as they are amazingly smart, with incredible eye sight & come from Asian Forests with all their predators ?
 
Right now I'm in New Zealand & that's where we have all the Turkeys & a fair few Peacocks, I'm surprised the predators cleaned up your Uncles birds as they are amazingly smart, with incredible eye sight & come from Asian Forests with all their predators ?
I'm not sure which of the many predators got them, but we found a few piles of feathers where something did. Also a lot of the young birds just disapeared. Of course, the peacocks were cheap in comparison to another aunt that lost two horses to a mountain lion.

My friends in Africa and Central America always make me smile when they tell me Americans (US) don't understand wildlife conflicts. Those that live in the states with grizzlies and wolves have even more issues.
 
My Osceola is finished! I'm very happy with how he came out and can't wait to have him home.
View attachment 600291
Beautiful mount. He reminds me of a similar mount to that in a research station in North Florida I worked in 20+ years ago. We named him Jebediah.
 
One of these days I have to get down there and hunt an Osceola. Always been fascinated by them.
 
WOW its a beauty
congratulations
 
Osceola can be a challenging sub species to hunt. I’m my opinion the further south and east you hunt. The more Wiley the birds.

The more west. You can almost slap two frying pan’s together and turkeys will gobble. And that’s half the battle.

We called one in yesterday away from his hens for my friend's son. Our birds are between SE and western birds. Not as hard to kill as the SE
IMG_4016.jpeg
 
What general area did you get your bird? Mine was west of Lake Okeechobee
 
I'm not sure which of the many predators got them, but we found a few piles of feathers where something did. Also a lot of the young birds just disapeared. Of course, the peacocks were cheap in comparison to another aunt that lost two horses to a mountain lion.

My friends in Africa and Central America always make me smile when they tell me Americans (US) don't understand wildlife conflicts. Those that live in the states with grizzlies and wolves have even more issues.

In Kansas the bobcats target them. I am not sure how many they account for, but the population is certainly healthy.

I had one during turkey hunting one spring that tried to use me as a launching pad to attack one of my decoys. I wound up with scratches on my shoulder and head from where he planted himself during the course of his aborted attempt. I am certain he got the worst of it though, and needed years of therapy to get past the trauma; my scratches were gone in days. Still one of the craziest things I have ever had happen.

And that is a tremendous looking turkey mount. Congrats good sir. That'll keep you smiling for a whole lotta years to come.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,162
Members
169,501
Latest member
AnjaAguiar
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top