Original Rigby .275

Bruce,
I’m a M70 fan but I would trade any of my custom M70’s for that Rigby. I guess I’m just a sentimental fool. And as to new rifles of that ilk, I am a huge fan of the Rigby Highland stalker and have no plans to ever part with ours.
Bill

Yeah but the 9.3x62 needs a baby brother in 275.....
 
Spike was right on in his comments about a lot of the 275s being built for ladies of the day. I can’t believe the super fast reply I got from Rigby’s—here follows the ledger records they provided:


We have now examined our ledgers for 5434 and find the following :-

Rigby Rifle No. 5434.

Action Number 66919

Entered in Ledger 26th November 1929

A .275 “ Mauser Sptg H.V.”

Sold to Mrs. W.M. Hammay for Miss P.H.Hodge

Weight 7 ¼ lbs.

Barrel 24”

Stock Length 14 ¼”

Sighting – “ Ivory bead std & 2lvs 1.3.400 No.2v”

Oval PHH Nov 1929

We hope this information is of interest to you.

Yours sincerely



Tony Sinnett

PA to CEO
 
Interesting how LOP is 14.25 and it was created for a lady. Nowadays it seems standard on many is 13.5 which is way too short for me. Beautiful rifle. Cheers
 
I wish they still produced that bolt mounted peep sight.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.54.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.54.44 AM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 167
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.54.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.54.46 AM.png
    984.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.54.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.54.48 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.54.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 8.54.51 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 163
Link doesn’t wok says URL doesn’t exist.
 
I wonder what adventures it's played a part in over the past 92 years?
 
You can be sure they were deadly adventures.
 
Yeah but the 9.3x62 needs a baby brother in 275.....
Cannot mix British with German should be 7x57mm regulated for 170 or 175gr....... :A Stirring: :A Outta:
 
Cannot mix British with German should be 7x57mm regulated for 170 or 175gr....... :A Stirring: :A Outta:

My 275 Rigby I traded in was regulated for 175grn...140grn the usual weight shot high when I tried them...didnt get chance to use it apart from once at the range having a play with my rifles he had in storage for me... as was stored at Paul's...my bell replica I told him to sight with 175grn....
 
I wonder if they would on request?

If you look under their “London Best” it shows a picture of a rifle mounted with one. But it doesn’t show in the Highland Stalker configurations. Although, like most desires in life, money talks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
Very nice rifle! Thanks for the pics! Pleasure to look at. I'm 6'4", with longish arms yet prefer smaller, slimmer rifles with shorter length of pull and 14 1/4" is not that short IMHO. Rifle looks perfect to me. I wonder if it was regulated for the 140gr on account being made for a lady. Nice to see that perhaps mother-in-law/aunt bought her daughter-in-law/niece a nice rifle.

I also have a newly found appreciation for new Winchester M70, thinking the new steels might be higher quality, but I doubt they really are much if any better than those of the 20th century Mausers. I think their steel was "quality" more than enough. I just feel/hope that the new rifle steel is "no worse" than that of the Mausers and that's what I want.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,384
Messages
1,574,671
Members
170,092
Latest member
DongCrackn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top