on a lighter note...

One night at a local bar frequented by a bunch of deer hunters, the local sheriff's deputy scoped out the joint for possible drunk drivers.

As he waited, just about closing time a patron stumbled out of the bar, fumbled for his keys, tried them in three different cars until he finally found his, got inside and rested his head on the steering wheel. The deputy knew he had his drunk driver, so now all he had to do was wait for him to start his engine and pull out of the lot.

After about 20 minutes most of the other deer hunters had left and then the patron abruptly lifted his head, cranked the car up and drove out of the lot like a bat out of hell. The deputy followed him and stopped him promptly.

He administered the breath-o-lizer test and it read 0.00. Confused, the deputy asked the driver what the hell was going on.

The driver looked at him innocently and said, "Well, tonight I'm the designated decoy."
@spike.t wouldn’t know anything about this. Lol:D Beer Bottle:

We always got the pheasant opener off. We had guns in our rigs at school and it wasn’t unusual to walk across the running track to hunt our buddy’s farm next to the school. We had an indoor rifle range in our school. And yes, that was in Canada! How have we let all these idiots ruin our country?!?
I hear ya. I used to hunt on my way to school and back. My Ruger .30-06 was in the back window gun rack of my 72 GMC pickup in the high school parking lot. We had a month-long rifle deer season and two months for archery. The Monday after opening weekend, the school was half empty of boys. This country is going to shit.

An old friend of mine (who is about 30 years older than me) tells about carrying his rifle onto the school bus in the morning, storing it in his locker all day, taking it back on the bus in the evening, and then hunting for rabbits and squirrel for supper between the bus stop and home.
We would turn shop class into a gunsmithing shop the month before deer season. School would close down for the entire 9 day season unless there were "enough kids that wanted to go", which never happened. Nobody ever had an issue when we would (admittedly) skip Friday for a long weekend of grouse hunting. And the amount of rifles and shotguns behind the seats of our trucks in the parking lot could equip the national guard.

Guess what?...we all survived, happily. :A Too Cool:

In the mid 80's we even did this in some of the cities..

It wasnt uncommon at all for high school kids to have a .22 or a 12 ga sitting in the gun rack in his truck, there for all the world to see, in the parking lot of a school in Memphis where I grew up..

We'd also leave school and head outside the city (my school was actually on the northeast corner of the city and getting to "the country" was only about a 10 minute drive..) and hunt squirrel or rabbit or whatever.. or just go shoot.. before heading home before dark..

Never saw anyone take an assembled firearm into the school.. but it wasnt uncommon at all for guys to take gun parts into metal shop class to "fix" something (aided by the teacher.. who was very much into hunting and firearms)..

Times have certainly changed..

IMG-20210304-WA0015.jpg

No even kidding...today I tried to explain to a young fellow at work the difference between legitimate complaints and his incessant whining. He looked me straight in the eye and reminded me of his 1st amendment rights. :Bored:

I then reminded him of where the door was if it didn’t stop.

Someone once said(I think Mark Twain), “Never argue with an idiot. They’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

I really need to think of that before I start these conversations. :A Bang Head:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg