on a lighter note...

pinnacle.jpg
 
A VERY old meme! All vehicles with carburetors went to the boneyard thirty years ago.
I don't know what dream world you are living in but carburated vehicles are alive and well and will outlive the vast majority of those with injected engines.
 
I don't know what dream world you are living in but carburated vehicles are alive and well and will outlive the vast majority of those with injected engines.
Perhaps in more temperate or impoverished zones. My 1987 Chev pickup marked the first year (half way through the year) that they went with fuel injection. Here road salt long ago claimed any vehicles of that vintage or older. It's always a delight to see some older vehicles on the road in Montana (no salt) but overwhelming majority are not nearly old enough for standard carbs. Incidentally, I learned early on how to tune and overhaul carburetors. One of my vehicles was MG Midget. If you owned a British car and didn't know how to adjust the carbs, you could expect to be stranded somewhere. Those side-draft jewells required a special vacuum tool with floating ball to get them in sync. My Opal GT was a great car way ahead of its time but the carb had to be readjusted manually to get me over mountain passes. Oh, and I do have all the degrees in the pyramid, including PhD. Not all of us with brains are idiots.
 
I don't know what dream world you are living in but carburated vehicles are alive and well and will outlive the vast majority of those with injected engines.
I enjoy the older equipment, but fuel injection is probably the greatest advancement in the automotive world since the steel belted radial. They start better, run better in all altitudes and environments, run cleaner, and the engines have doubled (or more) in service live.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,402
Members
169,559
Latest member
ModestoShe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top