on a lighter note...

My parents would just lay down the passenger seat and dispense gravel to us four boys for road trips. When/if we woke up it was time for rock-paper-sissors. That usually worked for a while until a sore loser threw a punch. 462 miles on a tank of gas? Bullshit! Their '63 Bel Air wagon with 235 cu inch six and 2-speed PowerGlide automatic never got anything but horrible mileage. If that wagon had been nothing but one big gas tank, I don't think it would have made it five hundred miles ... downhill.

Those PowerGlide transmissions were tough (tranny of choice among dragsters for years after GM stopped making them) but required at least a quarter mile of no traffic to pass a milk truck ... drawn by a horse. "Passing gear" did not exist in PowerGlide.

Edit: My bad. I see the ad was for 1981. GM abandoned the PowerGlide by 1969. Dad's pickup that year had a 327 V8 with 3-speed auto. Also horrible gas mileage due to the factory 4-barrel Holley Quadrajet carburetor. But that thing sure had get up and go. Coil springs all the way around made for a sweet ride ... until any load was thrown in the back. Then you had to herd it down the road between the ditches.
Rochester made the quadrajets not holley I’ve rebuilt a bunch of them for stock cars.
 

Still an able youngster.

Wait till the mind still thinks you are 22.
Then the whole body tells the mind the Hell you are!! And proves it constantly by the pain in every joint every time the body moves.
 

I managed to get some boxes for the scouts...12 bore with 2 rubber balls in each....tried one on the wood board for targets on the range....was impressed..they penetrated enough to be stuck in the wood....when I showed the scouts just so they could see how the worked, the 2 balls blasted straight through the thinner plywood I used.....they have used them twice so far on poachers running away...both of them went head first into the dirt....was told they left a nice big mark on them.... :A Thumbs Up: ...kept a few for myself..just in case .....
 
IMG-20250614-WA0001.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,238
Members
169,511
Latest member
ChaunceySp
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top