on a lighter note...

492450849_666172479641583_6158324286425905115_n.jpg
 
Soun
Having skills + a degree (or several degrees) = a garden full of carrots, turnips, radishes, potatoes, and rutabagas. Pick what you need when circumstances dictate.
Sounds like you just need some game meat and you can whip up a good stew.
 
Having skills + a degree (or several degrees) = a garden full of carrots, turnips, radishes, potatoes, and rutabagas. Pick what you need when circumstances dictate.

I have what many would consider a prestigious MBA from a very well known university and I also have about 27 industry certifications. I cannot in good conscience recommend to most people that they get an undergraduate or masters degree, even if in a STEM or business discipline. The math no longer works whatsoever. The opportunity cost of that degree along with the increased earnings over the past 18 years BARELY beats the scenario where I could have just put that cash into an index fund and come out about scratch even. That was when my MBA cost $78,500, not the $168,000 it costs today.

The certifications were far more useful getting me from minimum wage to top-5% income over the course of 2-3 years in my early 20s. Back then universities discouraged certs and of course the world now revolves around them.
 
I have what many would consider a prestigious MBA from a very well known university and I also have about 27 industry certifications. I cannot in good conscience recommend to most people that they get an undergraduate or masters degree, even if in a STEM or business discipline. The math no longer works whatsoever. The opportunity cost of that degree along with the increased earnings over the past 18 years BARELY beats the scenario where I could have just put that cash into an index fund and come out about scratch even. That was when my MBA cost $78,500, not the $168,000 it costs today.

The certifications were far more useful getting me from minimum wage to top-5% income over the course of 2-3 years in my early 20s. Back then universities discouraged certs and of course the world now revolves around them.
@rookhawk
I went to the school of HARD KOCKS and have a lot of degrees from Drs Google and YouTube.
It's got me thru life quite well.
Didn't make me rich but I'm not in the bones of my arse either.
Nowadays a lot of degrees aren't worth the paper they are written on. Plenty of book learning but no practical or life skills.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,326
Messages
1,572,988
Members
169,676
Latest member
Jeffreymorrise
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top