on a lighter note...

1000038396.jpg
 
pyramid-of-greatness-Parks-and-Rec.jpg
I’m literally ordering a framed copy of this for my workshop. Every young man needs to know and adhere to the “Swanson Pyramid of Greatness”:

Speaking of the center bottom topic: Rage, only once per 3 months. I’ve only been enraged once in 20 years. My whole family was standing inside the kitchen, watching me through the window. My young kids probably 7-5-3 watched the shit-show go down.

I had made about 4 briskets that were mediocre in a row, whereas my standard of excellence upon myself is to make Gordon Ramsey seem like a short order cook. Well, I spent about $200 on an overpriced 25lb packer brisket that was being treated better than my elderly parents for the prior 2 days. I opened the grill to find a shriveled “puck” where the brisket formerly was. I lost my friggin mind. I picked up the largest landscape boulder I could find, probably about 120lbs, and I threw it at and through my fence.

So yeah, Rage is acceptable once in a great while. I used my 20 year supply on that brisket.
 
I had made about 4 briskets that were mediocre in a row, whereas my standard of excellence upon myself is to make Gordon Ramsey seem like a short order cook. Well, I spent about $200 on an overpriced 25lb packer brisket that was being treated better than my elderly parents for the prior 2 days. I opened the grill to find a shriveled “puck” where the brisket formerly was. I lost my friggin mind. I picked up the largest landscape boulder I could find, probably about 120lbs, and I threw it at and through my fence.

So yeah, Rage is acceptable once in a great while. I used my 20 year supply on that brisket.

As a fellow brisket smoker, I feel this confession deep in my soul.
 
Africa...
483954076_122150871620423602_2357733792221109295_n.jpg
483994839_122150871980423602_5289012602292193705_n.jpg
483995651_122150871578423602_1292712299703630487_n.jpg
484151717_122150871776423602_3753061028016990351_n.jpg
484166022_122150871644423602_711733362454856881_n.jpg
484176688_122150871506423602_4028466536671852896_n.jpg
484490524_122150871824423602_2517610280059433252_n.jpg
484513992_122150871536423602_3059722999516778404_n.jpg
484550434_122150871926423602_3714085344934247171_n.jpg
484654447_122150871878423602_3617168588637358128_n.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,438
Messages
1,576,310
Members
170,545
Latest member
GailServin
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top