on a lighter note...

IMG_1990.jpeg
 
1728074577367.png
 
A Roman centurion walks up to a bar and tells the barkeep "I'd like a martinus, please."

The bartender replies "Don't you mean a 'martini'?"

The centurion responds back "If I'd wanted more than one, I'd have asked for more than one."

*******************************
As bad as my Italian is, I'm always annoyed to walk into a place to see "a panini" on the menu. "Panino" is singular, "panini" is plural.

"I'd like a panini, please" is "I'd like a sandwiches, please."
 
A Roman centurion walks up to a bar and tells the barkeep "I'd like a martinus, please."

The bartender replies "Don't you mean a 'martini'?"

The centurion responds back "If I'd wanted more than one, I'd have asked for more than one."

*******************************
As bad as my Italian is, I'm always annoyed to walk into a place to see "a panini" on the menu. "Panino" is singular, "panini" is plural.

"I'd like a panini, please" is "I'd like a sandwiches, please."
Just be happy they haven’t tried to call it a “paninx” yet
 
Just be happy they haven’t tried to call it a “paninx” yet
Oh sweet jeebus, don't even get me started on ruining the Romance languages with post-modern dipshittery.
 
Oh sweet jeebus, don't even get me started on ruining the Romance languages with post-modern dipshittery.
"Post-modern dipshittery." Gotta love it! I'm going to steal the term for use with my buddies!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,253
Messages
1,569,804
Members
168,763
Latest member
Jonas7217
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top