Omay North Concession awarded to MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS

Sorry to hear that Andrew. I can’t speak for them but I found everything they represented to me to be truthful in my dealings with them.
I should clarify, I went to their website last year, sent emails to both email addresses listed, then I did that again three weeks ago, no reply to my emails. I'm not upset, it appears WhatsApp is the best way to message them. Having said that, I am a bit curious why any outfit would have a website with email addresses listen and not reply? It's all good, I went ahead and booked a Cameroon, Uganda, Zimbabwe and 2 South Africa safaris. I've always thought they run a fine operation given all of the wonderful videos I have seen them in. They seem like solid people and great safari outfitters.

He messaged me back as well. I have a hunt booked there for June. I'll be interested to see how this all shakes out. I have the WORST luck with safaris, and I haven't even actually been on one yet :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Me too. I have my first scheduled in September.

Well I guess it’s popcorn time.

Seems to be some confusion about the awarding of this one………I guess time (and hopefully not too much money) will tell who will be running it for the next while.

Holding thumbs for a fair and just outcome to the awarding of it, for everyone’s sake.

Yes popcorn and :D Cool Drink:

I don’t see any confusion. It seems that Martin was awarded the concession. Dalton and York have hunts booked there in anticipation of continuing to hold the concession. This is not unusual. I am sure that they will come to an agreement that compensates Martin for his concession fees and allows the D&Y hunts to continue.

I messaged Dalton & York two times last last year, never heard back from them.

I am booked for Omay July 2024 with Dalton & York and everything about it was both professional and painless….. with all communication through email and with quick responses.

From clarifying dates to paying the deposit everything was easy and professionally done to the letter.

I don’t see any confusion. It seems that Martin was awarded the concession. Dalton and York have hunts booked there in anticipation of continuing to hold the concession. This is not unusual. I am sure that they will come to an agreement that compensates Martin for his concession fees and allows the D&Y hunts to continue.
Word from Zim makes it sound like Martin's claim is anything but settled. But I suspect all will be sorted out in the coming days/weeks.

Word from Zim makes it sound like Martin's claim is anything but settled. But I suspect all will be sorted out in the coming days/weeks.

Yup, as I said, there seems to be some confusion - intended or otherwise - the next two weeks will hopefully see something firm that the hunters can work with.

I would sit tight for a bit before getting stressed.

It seems there are several concessions in Zim that may change hands this go-round, which is the norm and part of the process. The pros and cons of the system have been and continue to be debated, but it is what it is.
One of the other areas I am aware of that is changing hands is Sengwa Research which Mokore Safaris has had for the last ten years I believe. They have invested a ton of money and effort into the area and it is one of the Crown Jewels in Zim for both DG and PG. Charlton McCallum Safaris (CMS) is taking it over and has announced that quota sharing with Mokore will be taking place to accommodate existing Mokore clients and in acknowledgement of the significant investment that Mokore has made in building and enhancing the area during their tenure. This seems like a fair-minded and professionally courteous position to take, benefitting both safari companies and clients alike.
I hope we will see similar professional positions adopted by other safari operators in these concessions which a changing hands.

Didn’t D&Y also have Omay South?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuigrande

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross