Oklahoma Catfish and Carp

Round Ball

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I have caught literally tons of fish in my lifetime, but it's more enjoyable when I get to take my wife fishing.

These are a couple of her favorite fly rod fish.

10 lb. carp caught on a fly rod!
IMG_20210918_141150.jpg

Another 10 lb. carp on a fly rod!
1609964987688.jpg

3 lb. rainbow trout!
1612457294204.jpg

34 lb. Blue Cat on a fly rod!
1622730705025.jpg

...and a whole lotta bass!
1625955245597.jpg

1625954776884.jpg

IMG_20210717_095333~2.jpg

IMG_20210724_082134~2.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations!! That 10lb carp on a fly rod felt a lot bigger, glad you got it out of the water.
Good to have someone to share those times. Stay at it!!

Thank you K-man!

The second carp shown was her first fly rod carp, and it took her a little over 30 minutes to bring it in.

That other carp took a solid 20 minutes to get it in.

That blue cat took just over 2 hours before I was able to get a net under it!

I really enjoy fishing with my wife, and it's some of our most fun times together.

Great fish and congratulations on winning the spouse lottery! Sharing an outdoor passion with a partner is awesome.

I grew up fly fishing trout and branched out to bass and sunfish while I lived back east for a bit, but I have never flyfished carp. What type of flies are you tying for that??

That’s awesome…..what were you using an 8 or 9 wt?

Great fish and congratulations on winning the spouse lottery! Sharing an outdoor passion with a partner is awesome.

I grew up fly fishing trout and branched out to bass and sunfish while I lived back east for a bit, but I have never flyfished carp. What type of flies are you tying for that??
Thank you NJC!

We have only been married 5 years, but my wife is the absolute love of my life!

I tie all of the flies that we use, and I'll post a picture of them when I get back in the shop tomorrow.

Fly fishing for carp is some of the most fun that we have ever had fishing. We have traveled to Texas, Missouri, Colorado and Wyoming to catch carp on the fly, and every trip has been absolutely awesome! Try it sometime, it will totally ruin you from any other fish on a fly rod!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you