OBITUARY..

DOC-404

AH elite
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
379
Media
57
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;

- Why the early bird gets the worm;

- Life isn't always fair;

- and maybe it was my fault.


Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn)
and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge)..


His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.


Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves
had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.


It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun
lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.


Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received
better treatment than their victims..


Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own
home and the burglar could sue you for assault.


Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming
cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement..


Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by
his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.


He is survived by his 4
stepbrothers;

I Know My Rights..

I Want It Now..

Someone Else Is To Blame..

I'm A Victim..


Not many attended his funeral because, sadly enough, so few even realized he was gone.
 
Sad indeed Doc he will surely be missed may he continue to live in those of age, strong will and reliable character...

My best always
 
so true is all that you posted.I worry about my son growing up in this world with all the stuff you talk about in that post.I brought him up old school and can remember getting looks from others as I made him act right in public.The looks of how dare you not let the kid have fun out and act like a brat even if it cuased problem for others.Lucky for me i can say my son listen growing up and will not be one of the bad ones we will need to watch out for as we get older. Great post by the way
 
My wife loves this,shes a teacher. Its going up in her classroom tomorrow.
 
You forgot to mention the most prevalent step sibling Mememe
 
very true old boy .
that one is on its way to everyone one the mail list :thumb:
 
Common Sense, that's why we have lawyers (lol)!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,851
Members
169,443
Latest member
PamalaPoin
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top