Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zambia

16 mins ago - Politics & PolicyNew York AG files lawsuit to dissolve NRA
Ursula Perano
Ursula Perano

Wayne LaPierre

Wayne LaPierre. Photo: Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images
New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit Thursday to dissolve the National Rifle Association, alleging the group committed fraud by diverting roughly $64 million in charitable donations over three years to support reckless spending by its executives.
Why it matters: The NRA is the most powerful gun lobby in the country and receives a huge amount in donations each year, but New York's investigation claims that CEO Wayne LePierre and other top leaders undermined the organization's mission for their own personal benefit.
  • "The NRA’s influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement.
  • The NRA has operated in New York since 1871. The suit charges the organization as a whole, in addition to four top executives, including LaPierre.
  • D.C.'s attorney general also simultaneously filed a similar lawsuit against the organization's foundation.
Read the lawsuit.

Attachments

• 1596729077650.jpg
    1596729077650.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:
There is something serious and ugly squirming around the basement of the NRA’s financial management over the last 10 years. Handing one’s enemies a loaded gun is not smart.

You may have also noticed that they have gone essentially net silent during this rather important election cycle.

Last edited:
There is some serious ugly squirming around the basement of the NRA’s financial management over the last 10 years. Handing one’s enemies a loaded gun is not smart.

You may have also noticed that they have gone essentially net silent during this rather important election cycle.
No surprises here.

House cleaning it may well need. NY is out for blood and they could not care less about the membership of the NRA, that's me and likely most of us. They want to destroy the NRA and have for years. This is largely political and being done under the false premises that the NRA is somehow crooked and stealing from the members, who as I say, NY gives no s**t about, they hate us as well as the NRA.
I for one hate to see this. I only hope the NRA as an organization survives this blatant onslaught by the law enforcement wing of the demtard party!

The NRA board should have dealt with LaPierre last year when the information on his side deals came out. Of course, the board is probably complicit. When Chuck Cooper and the NRA separated last year, you new things were really bad.

At a time of rioting in the streets and record firearms sales, The NRA should be rocking and rolling.

Irony - The NY AG takes down leadership of the NRA. The house gets cleaned out. New leadership comes in. Membership and fundraising soar. "Actions have consequences."

16 mins ago - Politics & PolicyNew York AG files lawsuit to dissolve NRA
Ursula Perano
Ursula Perano

Wayne LaPierre

Wayne LaPierre. Photo: Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images
New York Attorney General Letitia James filed a lawsuit Thursday to dissolve the National Rifle Association, alleging the group committed fraud by diverting roughly $64 million in charitable donations over three years to support reckless spending by its executives.
Why it matters: The NRA is the most powerful gun lobby in the country and receives a huge amount in donations each year, but New York's investigation claims that CEO Wayne LePierre and other top leaders undermined the organization's mission for their own personal benefit.
  • "The NRA’s influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement.
  • The NRA has operated in New York since 1871. The suit charges the organization as a whole, in addition to four top executives, including LaPierre.
  • D.C.'s attorney general also simultaneously filed a similar lawsuit against the organization's foundation.
Read the lawsuit.
gray_bg.png

@wesheltonj,

Not sure if you have read the lawsuit yet but I would appreciate hearing your take on the subject when you have the chance.

Indeed, as @Red Leg mentioned above, there is a cancer inside the NRA board and officers. About 1.5-2 years ago they attempted to "get right with Jesus" at the board level. Board members asked for transparency and clean-up of what they saw as very serious problems. Wayne Lapierre retaliated against these board members and drove them out of the NRA with the help of the three other named defendants to the AG prosecution.

The very liberal AG was spot-on in one of her answers to journalists during the conference, unfortunately. "It sounds like the NRA supporters/members are the victims here as funds were misappropriated. Isn't seeking to dissolve the NRA punishing its members rather than its leadership?" Basically her answer: "The NRA is nearly insolvent, there is no money left to speak of, thus nothing to save".

As an NRA Life Benefactor member I've invested a fortune with them. I invested that at a time when I was not a rich man, just a working dude raising small children that opted to give them $5k rather than take a family vacation. (FWIW, that was about 10% of my annual Net Income after expenses...not trivial) I hate the idea of the NRA being dissolved and becoming member of the NNRA (New NRA) or whatever comes to take its place. But nonetheless, the ad agency and Lapierre did bilk a fortune out of the NRA over the years and they never brought in essential oversight. They brought in honest people to be patsies to give it the appearance of propriety, but these were celebrities that weren't part of the audit committee that could effect change. (e.g. Tom Selleck, R. Lee Ermy, etc.)

I'm actually okay with the NRA going away for a few reasons:

1.) A new NRA will form immediately.

2.) They will never be non-transparent or corrupt after this debacle.

3.) The average independent voter will probably see this as an attack on the 2nd amendment, tipping them away from Joe Biden. Even though the AG is right on several points, the timing looks like suppression of conservative ideas. I can live with those optics as it brushes over the dead fish smell in the NRA leadership.

There is something serious and ugly squirming around the basement of the NRA’s financial management over the last 10 years. Handing one’s enemies a loaded gun is not smart. . .

I agree that the executives have been living off the NRA for a long time. I can think of at least one other large non-profit where the management lives extremely well and no one says a word and its based in DC.

Hopefully this will bring about some much needed housecleaning.

They may need to clean house, but now is not the time. They're no other groups that has the firepower that the NRA carries. GOA, NAGR, JPFO, etc., all combined cannot compare to the NRA's power.

Last edited:
1596741762856.png

I wonder how many leftist foundations need to be dissolved?

;) Don't worry about it.

Just thought you might be skimming through the high points.

WOW, i read the first 110 pages and skimmed the rest. (1) the NRA should have never had an office in Manhattan, it should have been in update New York where folks actually own guns and hunt. The jury make up will kill them. (2) Assuming the fact section as true, if course not everything will be true, the NRA will need to settle and LaPierre is gone and several board members. I was surprise that they are going after the General Counsel too. Most Lawyers don't eat their own. (3) I suspect lots of bankruptcy filings some of these guy are going to be personally on the hook for millions. (4) The total waste of Corporate asset is just beyond belief. Some of the security expenses are certainly justified, the majority of the expenses are not and they were living out of the piggy bank.

WOW, i read the first 110 pages and skimmed the rest. (1) the NRA should have never had an office in Manhattan, it should have been in update New York where folks actually own guns and hunt. The jury make up will kill them. (2) Assuming the fact section as true, if course not everything will be true, the NRA will need to settle and LaPierre is gone and several board members. I was surprise that they are going after the General Counsel too. Most Lawyers don't eat their own. (3) I suspect lots of bankruptcy filings some of these guy are going to be personally on the hook for millions. (4) The total waste of Corporate asset is just beyond belief. Some of the security expenses are certainly justified, the majority of the expenses are not and they were living out of the piggy bank.
This is, regrettably, what I had been hearing for a little while without a democrat AG building a case. It should be concerning to all of us that our primary 2nd Amendment defense organization has been almost completely silent during the most crucial electoral cycle in my lifetime. Whatever my feelings for the history of an organization of which I am also a Patron Benefactor Life member (had to check my card), this is beyond merely a political hit job. The Democrat timing is obvious - but the NRA armed them.

Thanks for the professional analysis. This is a great synopsis for us laymen.

The Manhattan office allows free trips, dinners Broadway plays and other entertainment for all involved. Agree completely as to a poor location for a jury trial.

The board knew of the off book expenses and allowed LaPierre to remain. Sounds like LaPierre was able to build a rubber stamp board around him. (I know some board members were out last year over the problems)

Hate that donations will be used to pay for this. $64m missing then settlement and legal fees.
We need those funds for down ballot races across the country right now.

The NRA board is too large...........way too many folks that do nothing. Reduce the board size to 8-12 people and make them accountable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg