Not quite a trophy room, but a damn fine wall!

Looks great - now sit back, have a whiskey and relive all the moments. Thats what its all about!
Scotts had them up for a while now .
Should be on his second crate of whiskey by now not his first glass !
Wonder how big the stories have got in that time ???
Nice mounts Scott .:A Gathering:

The wall looks good and I'm sure you are glad to get the shipment home.

I must admit......the horn color would bother me less than the ear color of the Kudu

They just do the ears the color they are in the bush not like they come from the beauty salon like some places do. All depends on your taste as what you like though.

You sure did get some great cape kudu scott. I did not realize they were that big but you did took great trophy's on that hunt.

If it's a trophy, and in a room.... then it's a trophy room! Nice work!

Your trophy wall looks great. I too am going to have to put my trophies on a wall. Out of curiosity, how tall is the ceiling?

There are 10 Ft... and the ironic thing is I took them off the wall this weekend to put the house up for sale!

so your selling the house so you can build or buy one that you can make a trophy room. LOL ;)

I must admit......the horn color would bother me less than the ear color of the Kudu

They just do the ears the color they are in the bush not like they come from the beauty salon like some places do. All depends on your taste as what you like though.

Ted, I will have to agree with Bill ... the ear color is pretty spot on. I don't know about anywhere else in Africa, but the Eastern Cape kudu had that distinctive orange/pink color that was quite distinctive and identifiable ... thank god, because that was how I was fist able to pick them out at a distance when I first got there.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip with a hillside of kudu. The colors are not perfect because of the distance ... but the ears REALLY standout!

DSC00331.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazelhope123

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.