Nosler Accubond

I think Nosler sponsors AH and you can send them a message and pics through this thread.
 
Certainly looks like some chemical corrosion.

I use 300 grain Accubonds in my 338 Lapua and they work great. Have also bought 300 grain 375's to try on PG as well as 160 grain 7 x 57mm.

I will have to check these as they have been sitting in my reloading room for a while now! Thanks for sharing.
 
We are sitting at 1650 meters above sea level with less than 20 % humidity. The bullets were bought last weekend. Even so, I have 3 dehumidifying device in the Safe.
The corrosion looks to me like acid contamination as the polymer tip starts to deteriorate and the copper started oxydising. It was only opened yestarday still sealed in the plastic bag.
The pack was already exchanged today by my gunshop, Safari & Outdoor. Bullets will be sent for analysis.

Well that killed my theory.
I have had similar problems at sea level here with high humidity.
I don't use ballistic tips but have had some cases go black.
 
Certainly looks like some chemical corrosion.

I use 300 grain Accubonds in my 338 Lapua and they work great. Have also bought 300 grain 375's to try on PG as well as 160 grain 7 x 57mm.

I will have to check these as they have been sitting in my reloading room for a while now! Thanks for sharing.
Have you hunted with them in your Lapua? I have always worried that they might not work great in such a powerful cartridge at anything other than long range, thereby completely ruling them out for hunting in Africa.

I would think that Barnes bullets would would better in the Lapua but Nosler does make great Lapua ammo.
 
Have you hunted with them in your Lapua? I have always worried that they might not work great in such a powerful cartridge at anything other than long range, thereby completely ruling them out for hunting in Africa.

I would think that Barnes bullets would would better in the Lapua but Nosler does make great Lapua ammo.

Muzzle velocity would be the determining factor here.

I have used the factory loaded 300 grain Accubonds(2650 fps advertized on the box) without any issues so far. They are supremely accurate out of my rifle. My rifle has a 30 1/2 inch barrel, weatherby Mark V action and stock and they chamber was cut with the intention of using the heavier bullets.

Shot 2 impala and a kudu bull so far and no issues. Through and through penetration and no sign of excessive meat damage or over expansion.(these animals were shot for meat).

I also use barnes 286 grain TSX.
 
Muzzle velocity would be the determining factor here.

I have used the factory loaded 300 grain Accubonds(2650 fps advertized on the box) without any issues so far. They are supremely accurate out of my rifle. My rifle has a 30 1/2 inch barrel, weatherby Mark V action and stock and they chamber was cut with the intention of using the heavier bullets.

Shot 2 impala and a kudu bull so far and no issues. Through and through penetration and no sign of excessive meat damage or over expansion.(these animals were shot for meat).

I also use barnes 286 grain TSX.
That is good to hear. I would think that the results with the barnes would be even better. Might actually get those bullets to open up wide. Probably would not try to push anything other than Barnes in a Lapua Improved though.
 
The local South African supplier - Safari and Outdoor - immediately replaced the whole pack. I reported it to Nosler and they asked for more pic's. Great service from both S&O and Nosler.
Thanks !
thats good service and nice to see Nosler had some concern for their product. hope they figure it out. will be interesting to hear what the actual problem was.
 
Those look EXACTLY like the Nosler Accubond factory seconds that they are selling for a reduced price at Midway USA right now. The description states "cosmetic flaws" that do not effect performance.
 
That green on the bullet is definitely a form of oxidation that appears on brass and copper due to moisture.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,851
Members
169,442
Latest member
ChangVardo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top