Norma 9.3x62

I'm like someone posted above, wish I would have discovered 9.3 earlier in my gun building life. I am in the process of putting one together on a Dumoulin Mauser action. Need to get my barrel on order, will try to do that today. Years back a buddy of mine bought a Husky Mauser in 9.3x62, it was neat old gun. He said I could walk across Africa with this. At first the round didn't do anything for me, but once the 9.3 light went off, it was like why don't I have one.
 
I'm like someone posted above, wish I would have discovered 9.3 earlier in my gun building life. I am in the process of putting one together on a Dumoulin Mauser action. Need to get my barrel on order, will try to do that today. Years back a buddy of mine bought a Husky Mauser in 9.3x62, it was neat old gun. He said I could walk across Africa with this. At first the round didn't do anything for me, but once the 9.3 light went off, it was like why don't I have one.
john taylor said he would walk across africa with a 22 rimfire, but i thing a 9.3 would make you feel a little better.
bruce.
 
@bruce moulds thank you for the reference, I checked it out. I wonder how long before savage or one of the aftermarket companies have the steel insert available.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen the whelen barrel has no maufacture on it and is marked 35 Whelen IMP, 24in long, and 1in14 twist
 
Got a few boxes from Graf&Sons on line a while back.

Old stock, w/o the crimping groove.

Might keep an eye out.




Red
finally got some from Midway a few weeks ago.
 
I wish Norma USA would put out some 9.3x62 Vulkan ammunition into the US market!
Midway and Graf's both have Oryx, but nothing else in stock. Graf's has 232, 285, and 325 in stock


I was finally able to buy a couple boxes back in July
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,328
Messages
1,573,020
Members
169,686
Latest member
NellieHugh
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top